Country
    Singapore

Any other methods beside OHF

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

i have a 522 tank and currently running on OHF only. I'm thinking of other alternative to improve my water management. It doesn't seems clear despite mine frequent water change. I have arowana, TFB, some Pleco in the tank.

Thanks
    koolman
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Any other methods beside OHF

You can consider running a filter or maybe increase the water flow to try to clear up the water faster.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Exciting Fishy Life My Other Not So Exciting Fishy Life My Non-Fishy Life

Occasionally, I would have some trimmings to give away in exchange for a can of Milk Coffee. PM me to deal.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Your tank water looks like its just full of tannins, most probably leaching from the large piece of driftwood, my guess is its still soft and rotting.

Just do more water changes and eventually the tannin concentration will decrease and the water will clear up. You can also put activated carbon in the filter too, that will help absorb the tannins. Other absorbing resins like Seachem Purigen also do the same job too.

The alternative is to boil the driftwood to make it leach out tannin faster... if you can find a pot large enough to fit it.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by mUAr_cHEe View Post
    You can consider running a filter or maybe increase the water flow to try to clear up the water faster.
    U mean canister filter?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Your tank water looks like its just full of tannins, most probably leaching from the large piece of driftwood, my guess is its still soft and rotting.

Just do more water changes and eventually the tannin concentration will decrease and the water will clear up. You can also put activated carbon in the filter too, that will help absorb the tannins. Other absorbing resins like Seachem Purigen also do the same job too.

The alternative is to boil the driftwood to make it leach out tannin faster... if you can find a pot large enough to fit it.
    Maybe i should go and get the seachem Purigen like u suggested. Yes, the driftwood is too big to soak. Lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by koolman View Post
    U mean canister filter?

Yes. I meant canister filter. Oh my. I left out the most important word.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Exciting Fishy Life My Other Not So Exciting Fishy Life My Non-Fishy Life

Occasionally, I would have some trimmings to give away in exchange for a can of Milk Coffee. PM me to deal.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by mUAr_cHEe View Post
    Yes. I meant canister filter. Oh my. I left out the most important word.
    Thanks bro for your suggestion. Will see if there is a good canister filter for use