Country
    Singapore

Unhappy Food for omnivorous fish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    So I'm new to this forum but not new to fish keeping. Hi everyone ~
    Have been around polyart & C238 for a bit yesterday, noticed that both shops had a container out with what I assume as live bloodworms inside. I think they feed it to the fish but do they sell it??
    My nearest LFS(west coast aquarium) doesn't have much so I take the trouble going to Clementi.
    i have guppies which I use for fishin cycling. Just got them yesterday to cycle my 8 gal. Didn't even acclimate them properly they waiting to burst out of the bag and are super lively. Do guppies like bloodworms? If so where in Singapore can buy. Or is there alternative like tuberfix worms? Pls help me out gurls and bros.
    if not I have to feed fry to them as I really cannot take guppies procreating seriously. They reproduce too much so better to feed them as food
    they are seriously hungry, fighting for food. Pretty sure when the female give birth they
    Already eating the frys.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Food for omnivorous fish

Hi
    Guppies do eat bloodworms and tubifex worms. They love them in fact^^. Best to get a good fish food to use as their staple such as Tetra bites or flakes. I feed my fish twice a day. Once in the morning with fish food and once in the evening with frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp. If guppies are well fed they will be less likely to eat their own fry. Mine didn't

You can buy frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp from C328. Some fish shops do sell these frozen foods in blocks that can be popped out, defrozen and fed to the fish. I have never seen live frozen bloodworms before, but i would recommend frozen. The live ones are actually some sort of fly larvae that will one day hatch into their adult forms. Not sure if you're into that hahaha XD My fish usedd to love live tubifex worms but I prefer to feed them the frozen bloodworms. Less mess and more hygienic for me and my fish

BUT seeing you're only using the fish to cycle the tank, best to feed lightly for 1 or 2 weeks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yeah, so i guess live ones are pretty messy I think I'll get freeze dried bloodworms, after all they can longer become Mosquitos, Urgh. This guppies I got from c238 are the worse. They are super active, super hungry, the male is a big jerk, chasing the same female for a few minutes even tho there's 2 females..at least this signs must indicate that their healthy and not stressed ^^

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hahaha throw in some plants like cabomba or java moss and let it float around. It can help hide the females from the jerk and protect the fry too The plants will also speed up the cycling process As long as you have aquarium lights, cabomba will do fine already.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I see. I have java moss but it isn't growing much using traces tho. And for some reason my females are a bit of an idiot. They like to follow the male to check if he has found food or swim all around the place so the male can find them. I put him in a plastic breeder/separator heheh. He is viciously swimming against the plastic even tho I've already added some Java moss inside the separator. What a perv, stahp trying to harass the females xD

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Males also know how to judge a fertile female from the rest. Not perv.... Same thing as out of so many gals out in the street but just happen that this gal caught your eye so you stalk her try to get her interested in you . Unless you are kept in a deserted island only you and her then no choice to choose just whack .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Well, I'm a girl. And are u imply that I'm les?
    wait did you just say stalk.
    hmmmm *silently judges*
    xD

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Nanyan XD View Post
    Well, I'm a girl.
    Oh. Hi there.

And are u imply that I'm les?
    Oh. So are you? If so, can I watch?

wait did you just say stalk.
    hmmmm *silently judges*
    xD
    Well. Some people woo by singing songs, flauting wealth or the rare few who actually wait in the rain under a big banana leaf. There are even the rarer few who stalk and haunt the other party until either one cave in or when the Police shows up.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Exciting Fishy Life My Other Not So Exciting Fishy Life My Non-Fishy Life

Occasionally, I would have some trimmings to give away in exchange for a can of Milk Coffee. PM me to deal.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by mUAr_cHEe View Post
    Oh. Hi there.

Oh. So are you? If so, can I watch?

Well. Some people woo by singing songs, flauting wealth or the rare few who actually wait in the rain under a big banana leaf. There are even the rarer few who stalk and haunt the other party until either one cave in or when the Police shows up.
    this is totally unrelated to fish keeping
    surprised no one deleted this threads 0.0 well whateves lol
    and nope go watch Yuri.
    I'm straight, but I heard you can bend the straw heh. Ah.ha.ha.
    By "some people" do you mean..., ahem ahem *virtually stares at you through your screen*
    dont deny it

ok sheesh anyway let's move on with life.