Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

cycling of tank?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi check with u guys i have cycle my tank for 3 weeks and is still not yet cycle.how long does it take?and also this morning i test my reading again
    Ammonia same green colour and also there reading for nitrite and nitrate,but i just test again only have reading for ammonia but nitrite and nitrate 0ppm again
    Is this normal?or cycle restart again?understand when using ada soil will gave high ammonia.

Tank 5x2.5x2.5
    Lighting 6x80w t5ho for 7hours daily
    Inline co2 at 5bps 6hours
    Fert kno3 solution and kh2p04 on alternate days
    Lusgro marco on alternate days
    adding bb solution to aid too.
    Ada soil 9 packet of 9L

so what else can i do to speed up the process?every 1 wks 40% wc to reduce the ammonia as having lifestock inside.lifestock so far quite ok accept yamato shrimp.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: cycling of tank?

Cycling normally takes a few weeks but it really depends on your set up. Sometimes can take up to a month. Just need to be patient.

The nitrite and ammonia readings will fluctuate erratically throughout. Then one day, they will just drop to 0.

Just be patient, keep your filter running, ensure that you de chlorinate water when you change it and that bacteria has ammonia available for it to feed on.

Also make sure your test kit has not expired. Especially if using test strips.
    Cheers,
    JJ