Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: marbled hatchetfish

Feedback Score

marbled hatchetfish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    any sightings lately? looking to buy a school - correct me if i'm wrong, but they are smaller than silvers and tolerate lower temps?

Feedback Score
    Aquatic Concepts and Solutions.

What is your temperatrue range? best is below 28
    Its Not a Game, Its a New World™

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: marbled hatchetfish

[quote:4b2bebed83="rijac"]any sightings lately? looking to buy a school - correct me if i'm wrong, but they are smaller than silvers and tolerate lower temps?[/quote:4b2bebed83]

yes, they are smaller than the silver hatchet but I think all hatchet should be able to tolerate lower temp

Feedback Score

Re:

[quote:5b7de39eb5="SaceNexus"]Aquatic Concepts and Solutions.

What is your temperatrue range? best is below 28[/quote:5b7de39eb5]

thanks... suppose the addy is in the lfs directory?

right now is 28 to 30 but i will be installing cooling fans soon... should bring it down a tad...

Feedback Score

Re: marbled hatchetfish

[quote:37f6e5af0f="Simon"][quote:37f6e5af0f="rijac"]any sightings lately? looking to buy a school - correct me if i'm wrong, but they are smaller than silvers and tolerate lower temps?[/quote:37f6e5af0f]

yes, they are smaller than the silver hatchet but I think all hatchet should be able to tolerate lower temp[/quote:37f6e5af0f]

hmm.... i noticed the lfs near my place using a heater in the silver hatchet tank.... maybe his water gets too cold....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    *groan* really wonder why these LFS (and the goondus who believe them) waste energy, cash and effort to install heaters. Totally useless in this part of the world. Why make the tank water so much hotter than it would ever be in nature?

Feedback Score

Re:

[quote:c155a768fa="budak"]*groan* really wonder why these LFS (and the goondus who believe them) waste energy, cash and effort to install heaters. Totally useless in this part of the world. Why make the tank water so much hotter than it would ever be in nature?[/quote:c155a768fa]

thats why i was wondering.... if our normal water temprature is 28 degrees and they need to use heater i would be reluctant to put the buggers in my tank... but i prefer marbled anyway - smaller... silvers too big...

Feedback Score
    unfortunately they only have silvers in stock... any other sightings? thanks!

Feedback Score
    Seaview Aquarium has Was there this afternoon and saw quite a few in a tank.

Feedback Score

Re:

[quote:3649ee84de="scoobydoo"]Seaview Aquarium has Was there this afternoon and saw quite a few in a tank.[/quote:3649ee84de]

is that the one at seletar farmway 2? thanks.. the last time i went there they only had the silvers too....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Well, they are quite common. Most good farms or lfs will bring them in sooner or later. Can ask lfs to order. Should not be too expensive. $3 or less in general for small ones. Can't place a particular sighting, cos I've seen them quite regularly all over.

Feedback Score

Re:

[quote:1cfa07325e="Enda"]Well, they are quite common. Most good farms or lfs will bring them in sooner or later. Can ask lfs to order. Should not be too expensive. $3 or less in general for small ones. Can't place a particular sighting, cos I've seen them quite regularly all over.[/quote:1cfa07325e]

thanks... confirmed found at seletar farmway 2.... going to get them soon... 3.80 each though....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Saw it at TB last Friday. Quite a bunch of them...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    C328 might still have them. I saw them there a few days ago. Not very big though.

Personally, I prefer pygmy hatchetfish to marble hatchetfish.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    FuWo has them just went last week...