Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Is there something wrong with my barb?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Is there something wrong with my barb?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    it's slightly translucent which I didn't realised and the colour not as bright?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Is there something wrong with my barb?

Did this happen to your new barb who is just released into the tank or was it an established barb that has been in your tank for quite some time already.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Exciting Fishy Life My Other Not So Exciting Fishy Life My Non-Fishy Life

Occasionally, I would have some trimmings to give away in exchange for a can of Milk Coffee. PM me to deal.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by mUAr_cHEe View Post
    Did this happen to your new barb who is just released into the tank or was it an established barb that has been in your tank for quite some time already.
    New barb :/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

That's pretty normal. You might not know this but the colouration of the fish is a good indicator of the fish's well-being and health, very much akin to us humans too (eye bags, greying hair and wrinkles for us homo sapiens).

Give your barb some time to settle down and it would help if there are hiding places or shade for it to gather its wits. Some of the colouration will come back evetually and it will be back to its full colouration once it is happy and settled in your tank.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Exciting Fishy Life My Other Not So Exciting Fishy Life My Non-Fishy Life

Occasionally, I would have some trimmings to give away in exchange for a can of Milk Coffee. PM me to deal.