Country
    Singapore

Need Help on irregular Co2 output

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello to all aquarium owners

I have just started a new freshwater setup 3 days ago with pressurized co2 and regulator(link)

My problem is after setting to 1 bubble per sec, the flow will gradually reduce to 1 bubble per 3secs. Inititally it will take about 3 hours to notice the drop, now it takes just 1 hour to see the difference. there are no leaks and currently i cannot rectify this problem. Do i have to change a better regulator? your advise will be greatly appreciated. sorry for my bad english

my setup:
    ada nano cube (36x26x22)
    ada aquasky 361
    pressurized co2 with regulator(ANS CO2 meter)
    bubble counter(plastic)
    do aqua co2 diffuser

substrate:
    power sand
    aquasand

plants:
    glosso

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Need Help on irregular Co2 output

From my own experience, single gauge manual regulators do tend to encounter fluctuating injection rates (could be the adjustment valves on them are not as accurate or consistent)... not sure exactly why, but the dual gauge solenoid regulators don't get this issue.

Maybe you should just upgrade to a solenoid regulator with twin gauges (ie. with main pressure gauge and working pressure gauge), those are more stable and work alot better.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

What you have is manual regulator. It is normal to have unstable output with manual reg, Just imagine you need to output 1bps from 1000psi. Not all single gauge is manual regulator, you need to see what display on the gauge, if it is displaying 2000+, most likely would be manual regulator. if you are seeing 100-200psi, most likely single stage regulor
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for the advice from bro urban and shadow.

If thats the case I would like to upgrade my regulator to INTENSE Precision Decompress Regulator(Link). Any kind bros can rate this product?

Im afraid i would encounter this same problem again in the future. My current regulator which costs $32 will be useless if i replace it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Bro, I'm a newbie to high tech planted tanks setup like you also, and hence might not be able to help as much as the other seniors here but will try to answer as best as I can as a current user of the Intense regulator that you linked. It's my first CO2 regulator by the way so seniors please correct me if I use wrong terminology.

I definitely didn't encounter fluctuating bps like you experienced and am able to lock it consistently to 1.5bps with the needle valve which has it's own screwing lock mechanism. I'm using it together with the Intense atomizer and bubble counter coming to 2 months now and so far am very pleased with it . What impressed me is it's low profile and size and it feels solid built.

Suggest you drop by Aquatic Avenue to talk to the young chaps there for more information on this regulator. They're were very accommodating and patient with my newbie questions and based on the pricing posted on your link, you can probably get a better deal there as well

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks bro HBK16!

I rectified the problem by changing the regulator using atomic intense v3. Will def drop by Aquatic ave to check it out.