Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ID this plant

Feedback Score

ID this plant

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Went to GEN-X & saw the green lotus plant for sale for five-hundred dollars or $20 for the small one. Anyone know this plant? Can't take pics of it, not allowed.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Is that with the 3 colouration lotus?
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Wah, u still awake? Me at work now, so nevermind. Anyway the leaf is green with few red colourations. Any idea why so ex?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    the plant is new mah... not everywhere can get their hands on it, though I have seen them in a few places. You just need to wait for the market to be producing enough and the price will come down.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/29/2002 8:04:17 AM

the plant is new mah... not everywhere can get their hands on it, though I have seen them in a few places. You just need to wait for the market to be producing enough and the price will come down.
    ----------------
    but but but... $500??
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yah, it is ex... who will buy a "cao" for that price? $50 I also need to seriously consider already.

Feedback Score
    Went to TEO's just now. The towkay said maybe i hear wrongly but i always clean my ears what!, so hear it right. Maybe,just maybe, I buy the young plant at $20 and ask TEO's to propagate for me. And sell back to GENX for $300 bucks !!!!!!!...........
    See how they(GenX) feel. Anyway my feeling is that don't bull me with new species is ex crap. Come on, it's a plant only.Anyway got TEO's to find a plant of similar description but not sure really same one for only $3!!. They very helpful lah.U all must come visit them. Must get more of this ppl in the business.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    setiardi
    have you considered that they're quoting this price because they have no intention of selling it?
    if it's the 3-coloured lotus, it's what i call the lotus with leprosy []
    imo it's not very nice

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Another point to take note is they grow slower then the normal lotus.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    which part of genx is this $500 lotus? along the plant-for-sale tank against the wall? is it a big bush?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    IMO i don't think Gen-x will put a $500 plant in his tanks along the wall i presume he has planted into his tank nicely and when everyone sees it they will start asking the price =) it's sales tactic.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/29/2002 10:48:06 PM

IMO i don't think Gen-x will put a $500 plant in his tanks along the wall i presume he has planted into his tank nicely and when everyone sees it they will start asking the price =) it's sales tactic.
    ----------------
    Gen X is redoing all his planted tanks (so don't go there expecting to let your eyeballs eat ice-cream )
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Anyway regarding Gen-x info on Algae it doesn't really works for BBA cos his' tank is actually aslo infested wif BBA.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Aiyah DEA, first I ask the staff,"Is the green lotus plant there for sale?". He said,"Yes". So I ask the question, "How much u r selling?".And the rest is history. If don't want to sell, don't say for sale in the 1st place lah.Alamak!Anyway I like it bcoz of it's overall form.It can be the centrepiece of a planted tank. Ha ha,anyway me have last laugh.Confirm the plant got from TEO's is the ONE.Will plant it first and soon will take the pics.

One must try all he can to get what one desires, never give up or give in - my 2cents worth.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    orh [:]
    good luck with the plant

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sorry off-topic.. but do u guys know Gen-x is always rescaping their planted tanks.. have been hearing it since I first visited them.. strange rite? imo, i agree with yimin, that lotus looks weird

Feedback Score
    The 500 bucks plant. Anyway not yet but will be soon. Got for $3 at TEO's. Still climatizing to my tank condition.

Will post pics once it is as majestic as at GEN-X.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    is there any diff frm tne normal lotus ?pardon me but to me with the exception to its size dosen't look that diff to the normal one maybe someone can point out what is the diff??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    This is Four Colour Lotus,

Setiardi,
    Are you sure your Lotus will grow like this one?
    Aquatic plants and LEGO collector.

Feedback Score
    Nice coloured leaves! Saw at Teo on sunday but still very small, only about 3cm tall and 5 tiny leaves.Actually a customer bought from a LFS. The boss said the guy bought for 60 bucks for a 2 leaf plantlet. He ask Teo to propagate for him. Hope it grows and Teo can mass produce them and sell at 3 bucks each.He ...he ....

Anyway found out from the dennerle book, the 500 bucks plant is named the Green Tiger Lotus.

The 4 colour lotus is very wonderful plant but the one in the picture don't look beautiful in form.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast