Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Changing new 3ft tank. Need advice.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Changing new 3ft tank. Need advice.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I used to have a 90cm(length) by 40(breadth) by 60cm(height) tank but it had a crack so I will need to change the tank. May I know what's the average height or breadth of a 3ft tank? , I know my original tank height is slightly taller and I have difficulties doing maintenance. Currently now the tank is filled with 1/4 with soil and driftwood tied with moss. There is some BGA on the soil, so can I reuse the soil or I need to purchase a new one? And what's the average cost of a 3ft tank ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Changing new 3ft tank. Need advice.

Good morning ! 3ft tank with bracing price range should be around $60-80 normally their dimension is 3 x 1.5 x 1.5ft .price range determine on the quality of glass .
    Bracing
    Euro bracing
    Braceless
    Crystal glass

Above are a few type of tank in the market .
    There are custom tank maker available too .. Able to tailor to the dimension u looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you! May I know what's the difference between the 4 types of quality you mention and as for the soil do I reuse it or purchase a new one?
    Many thanks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

If there is bGA in the soil, I wouldn't recommend you to reuse them. You will have a harder time to remove it once they spread. The saving is not worth it to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Depth of the tank also depends on the lighting you using if it can penetrates to the substrate lvl.

And 3 feet tank is not common locally I feel, most of the time you need to custom it.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Basically bracing and eurobracing are aquarium tanks with support if u are going for look braceless tank are meant for u it will cost much more than bracing tank .
    Crystal glass tank are made of high quality glass which in turn have better clarity than normal glass . I know of friends that custom 3ft tank with front crystal glass only to save cost .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk