Country
    Singapore

DSM monte carlo

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello all,

I have read about starting MC with DSM along with HC. What i do notice is they did not specifically mention the process that im in doubt.

I had tried submerged glosso which did not really ended up well. Most of them ended up rotting. Only afew managed to root. I got another tank with MC using DSM. It is about a week now but most of the MC have dried out, some turning brown (which is fine by most research i looked)

Have read about UA's DSM HC and followed the guide. In order to save these MC, should i flood it or should i be more patient?

Im using gex shrimp soil, aqua zonic 12 led series (8 white led 4 blue led), misting done morning and night only due to work, and lighting 8 hours.

Much help appreciated. Thank you gurus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: DSM monte carlo

Based on the info you've supplied... it seems your current substrate, equipment and settings are not optimal to grow the plants fast. Even if you flood the tank, it will be a challenge to grow out those plants with the setup. If during DSM can't grow the plants, it'll be even more difficult when submerged.

For best results when doing DSM, you should be using higher nutrient soil (ie. ADA Amazonia aquasoil), along with stronger lights (the aquazonic ones are way too weak, go for Up Aqua Z-Series or higher) and much longer light photoperiod (ie. 14 hours)... all these help to boost the plant growth so that they establish quickly and grow fast.

The key is to make the plants develop new growth faster to replace the old growth which will naturally melt anyways. At this moment, your plants are not growing fast enough so you are just seeing the existing old parts melting away.

Update your setup and you will see the difference.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

As helpful as always... That explains why my main tank submerged glosso managed to have some survival...

Ok thanks alot for the guidance UA.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Maybe necessary to cover the tank so as to keep the soil moist?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hmm nowadays weather too hot and humid, i can try. Good suggestion. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I'm a newbie, i had tried DSM with HC, always failed. Now i'm working on Low tech nano tank with glosso, submerged. It works fantastic. so far it's been abt 2 months.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yap. My glosso grows great as well. But after looking at a video teaching the "lazy" way of planting HC in the forum, it give me another idea.

Gonna try another round of mc submerge. Hopefully my shrimps dont eat them up

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I wish u the best bro. Im now 4th day of my high tech hc submerged. Looks like cannot make it. But I'm praying it'll works

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk