Country
    Singapore

My 1m Tank Pics

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Pictures courtesy of Juggler:

Please bare in mind that this tank only maintained maybe once a month (maybe 2 months once) due to the fact I'm frequently overseas on business trips
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Sherwin, very nice.... really []
    dunno y u always complaining
    some of the guys will envy yr tank specially with the 1 month maintenance routine

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    very nice what...with the 1 month maintenance routine, how I wish I could
    My Apisto Keeping Diary
    Apistogramma agassizii, Apistogramma bitaeniata "Careiro", Apistogramma brevis, Apistogramma elizabethae, Apistogramma eremnopyge, Apistogramma sp. "Miua", Dicrossus filamentosus

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sherwin, u must have some secret weapons behind this. Please tell us how u managed to keep the tank in such a tip top condition. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    sherwin i HATE YOU[] and your hormanii[] []
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    The red plant on the left, is it called tiger lotus ?

Feedback Score
    The red plant on the left, is it called tiger lotus ?
    I've trying to look for it in quite a number of fish shop, but can't find (except Gen X but not for sale ).

Where can I get it ?

rgds

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sherwin: That lotus u got is not the normal, cheapo Tiger Lotus rite? Btw how u keep it so bushy? I heard frequent pruning will do that, is it true?[:]

Heisenberg in Sgoon North has some of such lotuses at times...

Feedback Score
    Once a month??? How did you do it? My tank will become a jungle if i'm ever going to leave it unattend for a month

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    amazing tank, nice one ... must have some secret behind ....

the red one is tiger lotus for sure, the trick for it to be so bushy is to have frequent pruning and powerful light source, not to mention good substrate as this small little bugger needs a lot of iron for its bushiness ..

but what i am just puzzled is the temp of the tank since can even accomodate discus ... i long wanted to do that but my planted tank is always kept at a temperature of 25 deg, so any discus experts can enlighten me on this?
    -Paw here-

hi Sherwin, can you share with us your secrets of your once a month maintenance ?
    Wouldn't you have overgrown plants, fast growing plants overtaking slower growing ones, spot algae all over the glass, poor water quality, etc etc.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow... thanx for complements

Anyway, the red plant is indeed Red Tiger Lotus. If you have a closer look, it doesn't look very healthy cos I do not ferterlize the water column. That's why the I don't have much algae problem. As mentioned, pruning will make the plant grow bushy. I think it also due to my more than suffocient lights. Not sure where they selling it, cos I got this plant more than a year ago and was given to me by ectan (my first plant).

The spot algae on the glass is cleared by the 6 flower snails (not sure how many left). It doing a very good job but it's leaving behind some white egg like stuff on the wall (you can see them in the 2nd pic).

I used to have 7 Discus in there. 4 died due to my poor maintenance regime. The remaining 3 was adopted by Juggler... Thanx again.

The temp is normally at 28-30 (with 2 AC fan blowing). The heat is due to my 204W lighting and the hood covering. So quite ok if you have Discus. So with the reduced bio load, it should be fine now for less frequent water changes.

The selection of plants I have do not need much maintenance. As you can see, my crypts are really overgrown.... but removing will be quite disasterous.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Hi sherchoo, got a very nice tank compared to mine. how do u keep your plants growing upwards? mine are mostly short and they are so mono (boring)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sherwin:
    Just curious, whats the name of the lace shaped leaves plant at the right hand of your 3rd picture, behind the echinodorus? Also is your cryptocoryne a wendii?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 12/28/2001 11:23:38 PM

Sherwin:
    Just curious, whats the name of the lace shaped leaves plant at the right hand of your 3rd picture, behind the echinodorus? Also is your cryptocoryne a wendii?
    ----------------
    Are you talking Green Rubin..... it's the narrow leaf plant behind my Echinodorus 'Oriental'.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 12/28/2001 10:07:53 AM

Hi sherchoo, got a very nice tank compared to mine. how do u keep your plants growing upwards? mine are mostly short and they are so mono (boring)
    ----------------
    Wat you mean grow upwards..... normally they would grow upwards towards the light. If they are low prolly means they have enuf lights..... wat is the size of your tank and lights rating?
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If you noticed properly, Sherwin's cardinals also very very big. Super Jumbo cardinals! [] Very nice colors too! Actually, the tiger lotus you gave me 9 months ago grew very bushy also, until one day I gave it all to Rick, I think. Too bushy to my comfort, no swimming space for my fish.[]

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 12/28/2001 11:39:59 PM

----------------
    On 12/28/2001 10:07:53 AM

----------------
    Wat you mean grow upwards..... normally they would grow upwards towards the light. If they are low prolly means they have enuf lights..... wat is the size of your tank and lights rating?
    ----------------
    Hi sherchoo, I have a 4ft with 4x36watts. most of my plants do not grow upwards

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    wat plants do you have......
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Green Rubin?? Whats the scientific name?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast