Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Need advise-How to cool 1.5ft using chiller withuot causing "tornado" in the tank?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Need advise-How to cool 1.5ft using chiller withuot causing "tornado" in the tank?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have a 1/10 Artica chiller lying around and would like to use it to cool my 45cmx27cmx30cm tank. According to the info in the web, I need to couple this chiller with strong external pump. My concern the external pump will create strong current in the 1.5ft tank. Is there a solution to this problem?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Need advise-How to cool 1.5ft using chiller withuot causing "tornado" in the tank

Just a suggestion change your normal lily pipe to spin type. It will spread out your water instead of gushing out straight into tank. Another method i tried before is if you are using those ehiem connector plugs or equivalent that can open or close water flow you can close them a bit to minimize flow from filter.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Need advise-How to cool 1.5ft using chiller withuot causing "tornado" in the tank

Cheap solution may be to tie sponge filter to the outlet but if you're using lily pipe then qool's suggestion would be better

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You can use a spraybar, but I suggest using a double tap for a variety if reasons:
    1) You can control the flow rate very effectively.
    2) You can detach the double tap valve from the aquarium without disrupting the siphon 9r needing to take out all the pipes, making it more convenient when something goes wrong with your chiller.

The Only con is that the double tap is expensive. The choice is yours!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Does this make sense: ~Imperfect Past equals future tense~