Country
    Singapore

Monte Carlo

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys
    I saw some of my Monte Carlo turn brown ... Why is this happening ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Monte Carlo

Looks like older parts melting, the rest look okay. Could be due to the plant transition process. Just manually remove those browning bits as part of your regular plant maintenance.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I see will try to trim them abit ... By the way ....do you guys add on a wave maker to ensure good water circulation in the tank ? If yes ... How strong it should be for the wave make in 3ftx1x1 tank

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin Ong View Post
    I see will try to trim them abit ... By the way ....do you guys add on a wave maker to ensure good water circulation in the tank ? If yes ... How strong it should be for the wave make in 3ftx1x1 tank
    If your existing filter flow is insufficient or if there are dead spots in the tank, for a 3ft tank you could look at using a small 200-300 l/ph mini wave maker.

A mini submersible pump could also work too, or even a surface skimmer (ie. Eheim Skim 350 or Ocean Free Surf Clear, they can clean surface oil film at the same time too), just direct the outflow towards areas that need more circulation.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I see ... I have mini submersible pump n surface skimmer installed in my tank ... But I still get some brown spotted algae at certain spot .....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Brown algae is usually common in new tanks, even with good circulation they will sometimes still appear due to the fluctuating parameters. Once the tank is cycled and its parameters become stable, and the plants grow out and start to outcompete the algae, most of those types of algae will tend to also reduce on their own.

In the meantime, just manually scrape them off during regular tank maintenance, and once the tank is cycled, add in a team of algae eaters (ie. otocinclus, cherry shimps, nerite snails etc) to help eat the algae and constantly keep it at a minimum.
    Last edited by Urban Aquaria; 13th Dec 2015 at 20:55.
    www.urbanaquaria.com