Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Planted tank 7G

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys, I am a newbie. Please give me your opinions on my 7 gallon tank. It contains 4 minnows, 2 mollies, 1 dwarf corydora and 2 sparrow rasboras. Any ideas on plants that can be planted into the soil and hardy (not java fern as they can only be attached to driftwood or rock right?)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Planted tank 7G

Dear Shaunsvds,
    According to my research, the java fern can be planted almost everywhere in the aquarium, including the driftwood and the substrate.
    You can try Hygrophila Difformis, a species recommended to me by my friend. It is easy to keep, and grows very fast.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by yellowthresher View Post
    Dear Shaunsvds,
    According to my research, the java fern can be planted almost everywhere in the aquarium, including the driftwood and the substrate.
    You can try Hygrophila Difformis, a species recommended to me by my friend. It is easy to keep, and grows very fast.
    Hi yellowthresher, thank you for your reply. What about amazon sword? It cannot be planted into the substrate right? As people have said that the rhizome will rot or something, which causes the plant to die. Yesterday I bought some amazon sword attached to wood. The amazon swords had roots already and I thought I could plant it in my substrate. And I did. Later on, I researched on the net and it said that amazon swords and java fern can only be tied to driftwood or rocks. so I threw them away -.- What are some beginner plants that can be planted into the soil? Can the Hygrophila Difformis plant as suggested above be grown by being planted into the substrate?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi,
    Java ferns should not be planted.
    the rhizomes should be exposed and above the substrate.

Amazon swords, should be planted. when planting, some folks like to expose the crown area (pale yellow area above the roots, before the "stem") a bit.
    I am balding but i am still young!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi, I recently planted limnophila sessiliflora in my tank. Grows extremely fast and I have to do weekly trimmings. Although my tank has pressurized CO2 I think it should work even if you are not thinking of CO2.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

You can also refer to the Tropica website for more info on different varieties of plants that you could use (they are divided into easy, medium and advanced categories):

http://tropica.com/en/plants/
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com