Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54

Thread: Simpsonichthys igneus

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    318
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Advertise here

    Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    you got simi fish huh? anyway very difficult to take fish pix in some other tank, more practical to borrow the fish into my photo tank. plus I usually squat there for 3-4 hours with the occasional uploads and RAW processing for checking.
    Hey choyster, i dun want you to squat in front of my tank for 3-4 hours

    Haha, not much pairs left, unless you want some Parosphromenus Nagyi, Parosphromenus Sumatranus, Betta Fusca, Betta Falx. Well, now I have a school of Rasbora Trilineata....

    vincent
    If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van Gogh

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    7,920
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    7
    Country
    Singapore
    actually I got a new 3ft tank with 10mm glass. want to come get some rocks from you heehee.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    318
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    you loan me ah? are they skittish? I scared betta jump out and become kiam hee
    They are quite shy, but there will be time they will just come out into the open. They do tend to jump though.

    Anyway, loaning the pair as models for your photoshoot is not a problem. I think I can be the fishes manager... (wacks out calculatior)

    Vincent
    If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van Gogh

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    318
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    actually I got a new 3ft tank with 10mm glass. want to come get some rocks from you heehee.

    New stock of rocks is in........

    Not fishes though

    Vincent
    If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van Gogh

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Western Singapore
    Posts
    3,563
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    231
    Country
    Singapore
    Choy

    I got a pair of brownorum you want to help me take pictures?

    Regards
    Nicholas

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    7,920
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    7
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackytpt
    Choy

    I got a pair of brownorum you want to help me take pictures?

    Regards
    Nicholas

    I very scared they jump leh.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Western Singapore
    Posts
    3,563
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    231
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    I very scared they jump leh.
    They are place in a betta tank for u

    If you want, when u go Gratiola i bring down.

    Not you come visit me in the west.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    1,474
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    15
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackytpt
    They are place in a betta tank for u

    If you want, when u go Gratiola i bring down.

    Not you come visit me in the west.
    OT: is Gratiola outside or inside CBD? Is it near a diving school call BBC?
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

    I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Western Singapore
    Posts
    3,563
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    231
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondoo
    OT: is Gratiola outside or inside CBD? Is it near a diving school call BBC?
    It is at the shophouse directly opposite Cantonment Police Station. Address is 15 Cantonment Road.

    I don't where is the diving School.

    Paging for Vincent Tan.. pls reply the above question

    Regards
    Nicholas

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    7,920
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    7
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackytpt
    They are place in a betta tank for u

    If you want, when u go Gratiola i bring down.

    Not you come visit me in the west.
    very scared lah. I had one pair of coccina in a betta tank with COVER. there is just a thumb-sized hole for you to lift the cover, and both of them managed to jump through it
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    318
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondoo
    OT: is Gratiola outside or inside CBD? Is it near a diving school call BBC?
    Yeah, along the same row as big bubble....

    Cheers
    Vincent
    If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van Gogh

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Western Singapore
    Posts
    3,563
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    231
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    very scared lah. I had one pair of coccina in a betta tank with COVER. there is just a thumb-sized hole for you to lift the cover, and both of them managed to jump through it

    Wah, I always cover the top.

    wanna try

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    7,920
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    7
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackytpt
    Wah, I always cover the top.

    wanna try

    only if you sign their indemnity papers

    no telling how long it'll take to get a pix as they are quite notorious for hiding. be prepared to lose them
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Western Singapore
    Posts
    3,563
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    231
    Country
    Singapore

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    only if you sign their indemnity papers

    no telling how long it'll take to get a pix as they are quite notorious for hiding. be prepared to lose them
    My tank is bare

    Must consider like that, not they become specimen in your freezer

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    318
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    only if you sign their indemnity papers

    no telling how long it'll take to get a pix as they are quite notorious for hiding. be prepared to lose them
    Better get Nick to squeeze one spaen out of that pair first, Its a nice brownorum pair...

    Vincent
    If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van Gogh

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    7,920
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    7
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackytpt
    My tank is bare

    Must consider like that, not they become specimen in your freezer

    haha better think good good first
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Western Singapore
    Posts
    3,563
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    231
    Country
    Singapore

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by TanVincent
    Better get Nick to squeeze one spaen out of that pair first, Its a nice brownorum pair...

    Vincent
    Need to beef them up. The Female too skinny.

    Plus i am new in betta, need some to teach me how to breed them.

    Regards
    Nicholas

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bukit Batok
    Posts
    8,790
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    9
    Country
    Singapore
    Vincent, first of all those are Fundulopanchax nigerianus "Lokoja". not Lobajo.

    Do not get the locality names wrong otherwise confusion will set in.

    This population is currently assigned to Fp. nigerianus, formerly a subspecies of Fp. gardneri.

    Benny, that must be be some long-lived erythromicron. For awhile I thought they went around and bit each other's tails to death. I remember you telling me that they were nippers.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Beauty World
    Posts
    7,114
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    789
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk
    that must be be some long-lived erythromicron. For awhile I thought they went around and bit each other's tails to death. I remember you telling me that they were nippers.
    I'm sure I don't have all fifty still in the tank. Probably about ten or so left. Still pretty good for my track record.

    Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bukit Batok
    Posts
    8,790
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    9
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeah that's a pretty good record in your book
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •