Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: What fish food is best for my fishes?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

What fish food is best for my fishes?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Been feeding my fishes Tetra Pro Menu which is the 4 kinds of crisps in one container and Veggie Delight from a Taiwanese company.....

Been casting my eyes on Ocean Free Supersticky and their range of fish food.

What are your opinions?
    -50 assorted normal Platies, 12 assorted Corydoras, 30 Ember Tetras and 14 Kuhli Loaches in a 90 x 45 x 50 tank.(Eheim Ecco Pro 300)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: What fish food is best for my fishes?

It is best to consistently feed a good quality 'all-in-one' prep, eg pellets, granules or flakes. I have had feeding problems many times when I give my fish a variety of different food. The result is that they turn out to be extremely (read frustratingly) picky about food even to the point of starving and yet refuse any other food. The result is it can make one want to give up the hobby altogether.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: What fish food is best for my fishes?

The best food is probably the one that actually provides a full spectrum of what the specific fish requires. Most fish foods that are cheaply produced tends towards either growth or colouration, meaning they have abnormally high protein content or colouration enhancers. In fact, most fish foods have ash as one of their highest percentage ingredients, and I believe that's probably just a filler.

So coming back to the best food.. It depends on specific fish and whether or not a food has been developed to suit their specific dietary requirements. I do believe the NLS range offers some very good foods that can be used as the staple food source and can be easily gotten from our LFS.

Sent from my iNO 3 using Tapatalk
    Setup: ADA Cube Garden 45-P, Starlitz Clear 45, Eheim Aquacompact 40
    Layout/Hardscape: ADA Amazonia Powder Soil, Borneowild Rutsuuddo Wood (SS Root Type)
    Fauna: Apisto Trifasciata, Sundadanio Axelrodi (Blue), Yamato Shrimp