Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Will it grow?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys I just bought some plants that are tied on woods, when I unwrapped them to plant directly into soil I noticed the roots had been clipped completely.
    If Im gonna root them into soil will it works or after sometime they just died off.

Im usin ada african soil, plants should be Acorus gramineus and Ludwigia repens
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Will it grow?

Those plants are whats usually termed as semi-aquatic or marginals, they are usually found in the edges of ponds and rivers, with the bottom half in wet soil and water, and the top help with leaves above the water. In theory, they can also live and grow submerged too, in nature as the water levels rise they will be covered in water, and when the water levels drop, they are exposed to air again.

I have kept the ludwigia plant before in a container pond and both the submersed and emersed portions grew well. I guess it should be okay planted submersed too. I've not tried the grassy acorus plant before, though i think it should be similar to the ludwigia.

Looks like you just have to try and see. If they fare well in the tank, then its good. If not, then just have to change them out for other aquatic plants.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

This urban aquaria. You just like walking encyclopedia knowledgeable but I don't take u or anyone else for granted.

hmm but haven't clear my queries yet
    er as I mentioned roots for those plants has been clipped off completely. Will it still grow as per normal if I plant into soil.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yeah, new roots will eventually grow out from the base and stems of those plants.

Usually if you don't see any roots on new plants from LFS, they are either separated offshoots or fresh cuttings from larger parent plants, or the plant supplier trimmed off the roots beforehand.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Got it thks again. I shld buy u coffee