Nice tank! The driftwood placed that way made it look like a person skiing downhill.









Nice tank! The driftwood placed that way made it look like a person skiing downhill.
koah fong
Juggler's tanks
I like the reds but I find the driftwood positioned too centre, plants looks healthy![]()




I agree with fei miao that the piece of drift wood is a bit of an eyesore. Wouldn't it be better if that driftwood is lying across the green rotala?![]()



Thanks for the comments, I'll have to play around with the driftwood placement this weekend.





Here goes my sparks (may not be bright)
Insert some long flowing plants (2-3 plantlet) such as crypt balansae in between the green rotala. That could soften driftwood (since its sticking out of no where) plus it gives a dark contrast with your plants. More natural
Another way would be plant a few bulb of balansae extreme left behind the green rotala (to create a dark depth to move your red plants around driftwood (commanding the focal point). I think that would look spectacular. Then place some nanas infront of the red rotala. That would be extremely pleasing.
Cheerio,
Sleepy_lancs
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
An afternoon trimming my watery garden is better
then an afternoon with a therapist
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Very unique piece



Finally tried to get some nice shots. I need to read up on the photography articles. My buddy is coming over tomorrow with a nicer camera, and he knows more than I do. Moved the driftwood over, as suggested, thanks guys!
"Garden statue"
![]()
The setup,
![]()
looks good bro!![]()
did u chop away parts of the dw? hehe.. looks slightly diff in the sec pic.. and in the first pic, i find the cascading hill of plants on the left nice... however in the sec pic the plants grew taller and the cascading looks no more...
however in the sec pix there is more depth.. like it alot

It looks nice and great photo technique.
My initial comment/suggestion is perhaps to add a little more driftwood to make it more natural looking. However, saw the name "Garden Statue" and found it to be appropriately named. The plants are gorgeous.
BTW. What is the red plant?



The red plant that is visible is Ludwiga acruata. There is some Rotala Indica (the real stuff I was told) buried among the plants.
damn great tank![]()






The driftwood reminds me of these sculptures in our Botanic Gardens.
koah fong
Juggler's tanks

very very nice. can go for competition?
You can if you dare to fail - Stan Chung



very nice!!
the latest update make the tank look very big. not like a 20g tank. nice job!!
24" x 12" x 12"
Hopar T5 14w 10000k x 4 (12pm-8pm)
EHEIM 2213
2.5L CO2 + Solenoid + Diffuser
Holland sand + Azoo root ferilizer + PMDD

Agree with the rest. Can go for competition.
BTW. How did you get the acruata to grow so red? It grows kinda orange for me.
Bookmarks