Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

anyone using eheim 2026?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi, just need to know if filter media included, if i buy a brandnew set.

what difference in accessories, as compared to 2224?

is size of canister very different, comparing the 2 models?

(eheim site doesn't really state the dimension)

tks!
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi coryfav,

All filter media will be included, except the carbon pad. Not really sure about the dimensions.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/4/2002 8:46:35 PM

hi, just need to know if filter media included, if i buy a brandnew set.

what difference in accessories, as compared to 2224?

is size of canister very different, comparing the 2 models?

(eheim site doesn't really state the dimension)

tks!
    ----------------
    coryfav, the Eheim site does state the volume of the cannister, which means the size lah.

From the site: 2224 is 3 litres, 2026 is 5 litres.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi coryfav

the ehiem 2026 is the pro2 series and the most obvious tech spec is the self priming head....the 2224 is not the correct comparision to the 2026 but more likely the 2226....the great thing about the new pro2 series is the usage of the same pipe size while the 2226 and 2228 are of a different type.

The flow rate of the pro2 is improved and now it is a single lever to make adjustments.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for your input!

david, i tried to compare with 2224 cos that's why i've for my 3ft and thinking about changing to 2026.

guess if i use back the media from the 2224, plus add in somemore cos the 2026 is bigger, i shouldn't face any big problems with the water, right?

i was looking at my tank last night, and then remember that you guys said can use 2026 for 3ft, just adjust the flow? looking into the possibility of getting something stronger lah!

2224 don't seem to be doing a good-enough job for my 3ft...[]
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    coryfav, u using a 2224 for a 3ft tank n it is slow? I also tot of changing my 2222 4 a 2224 but since u find it slow, maybe getting a 2026 is a better deal.

Anybody knows how much a 2026 cost n as usual, which place sells it cheaper?

B.F.G
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    BFG,

Nature sells the 2026 at $230.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    kingpin, you're right. i just got mine from there at noon, after calling them last night. petmart's $260 but ben said no stock, maybe one week's time.

there's a humming sound coming from my 2026 now. is it normal? called nature, said maybe cos it's new, give it 2 days and see...?

bfg, since you already using a 2222, want to upgrade, maybe you should go for 2026 then. with 2224, i only see the surface moving, current like nothing to my fish, who like to play near current. if you think too strong, can adjust lower like what i'm doing now. if for any reason need stronger, at least there's a buffer.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The humming sound should disappear after a while. Motor not seasoned yet[]. My 2028 is very quiet.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks, kingpin! that's a consolation.

and thanks to all, for pointing out Nature. now i've another nice place to go! []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks alot Kingpin! Now I do not need 2 explore other lfs 2 find 2026. Only need 2 recce 4 plants.

B.F.G
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Anybody knows if the tubing of 2222 n 2026 the same? Also, is 2222 n 2224 tubing also the same?

B.F.G

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    bfg, 2224's tube is 12/16, 2026's tube is 16/22 - different.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Nature's eheim filters are one of the cheapest around. Bought my 2028 from there too.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    coryfav

check you piping again to make sure that the diameter is not compressed.......turn it off and prime it again......there shouldnt be a humming sound.....
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks, david.

checked, piping ok. even switched off this morning and checked nothing's loose on the cover side, primed and started again.

still humming...! but maybe softer than yesterday? will give it 2 days and see how. keeping my fingers crossed!!![]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Coryfav, maybe tilting the filter on one side. Just a slight tilt only lah.

B.F.G

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    bfg, you mean leave the canister tilted, or tilt and straighten back?

if the latter, alreay did but still hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm!

thanks, anyway.

now going lfsing...

see yah!

Feedback Score
    There is something wrong wif the filter if it is giving out sound. It is not meant to be like that. There may be a misalignment somewhere.

Feedback Score
    Better get an exchange. No filters is make that way (Give out sound)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast