Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Anyone with Figure 8 Puffer Experience?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Anyone with Figure 8 Puffer Experience?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Well, the story goes.
    My Father in Law place have a Fluval Edge 26l, which is currently having 2 penguin tetra and a bare tank, which i feel an eyesore (looking at it everyday during dinner)so i thought of doing something to it so i just started testing and maintaining the tank.
    Parameters were (PH6,0,0,10-15ppm), so i drop a pack of media from my tank couple of days ago.

My intention is to convert it to a slightly brackish tank to house figure 8 puffer. As google is the best friend of all human race i found out that the recommended tank size for 1 fish is 15 gallons any additional at 10 gallons.
    Which i thought oh my god...is it real? 45cm cube tank only 2 puffer which max out at 2 inches?

Well, so here i am again hoping anyone with real life experience to share about Figure 8 puffer.
    Whether the edge HOB filter is enough, thou i see no specs of it but some US forums states its about 300l/h

My intention is to keep a pair add some java fern on wood and caves.

Any inputs will be most welcome.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Anyone with Figure 8 Puffer Experience?

I've kept red eye and dwarf puffers before. Puffers don't really need a lot of space, but their territorial nature means that they won't tolerate others sharing their space. That is why the recommended tank size for each additional fish is large