Thread: "The Jungle Cube"

Re: "The Jungle Cube"

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by jackychun View Post
    Hi Rezdwan,

You are welcome! With current gear you have, I believe you can have great photos of your tank! Just switch to the Manual (M mode) and tweaking around those parameters of A, S, ISO, WB, you can find the best combination for the camera setting. Cheers!
    Thanks for the additional tips, jackychun.

Damn, I thought using the A mode can already. Now I have to explore the different options and settings.

Oh well, part and parcel of learning.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by rezdwan View Post
    Thanks for the additional tips, jackychun.

Damn, I thought using the A mode can already. Now I have to explore the different options and settings.

Oh well, part and parcel of learning.
    You are welcome bro! With Manual mode, at first a bit troublesome to try tweaking around all parameters but later on you can see how are all those things related to each other. Thus, you will soon master on your camera!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Hi All,

Long time due for the update. Layout and plants basically have been kept the same for this tank. I need to trim those Rotala Rotundifolia every 2-3 weeks. They grow very fast!

For lighting, I already switch to the max and can see the plants adapt well to that. Together with increasing lighting intensity, fertilizer like excel, iron and potassium need to dose in daily, too. CO2 however is still keeping at the rate 0.5bps. Since the tank is small, that would be enough.

I also remove the CO2 drop checker and thermometer since it obstructed the view of this small tank. Fan is turning on 24/7. So the temperature is roughly 26-27 degree C. I learn to observe the fish/shrimp and plants instead of checking those equipment. As long as they are happy and healthy, all is well.

Surprisingly, there is no sign of algae so far in the tank, touch wood. I think mostly fertilizer and CO2 are adequate and light intensity have been increasing gradually. So the ecosystem is not "shock" of sudden change. Moreover, floating plants like Salvania natans also contributes to that success. They absorb most of excessive nutrients and spread quickly. I need to control by remove it every 2 weeks. Another factor is the fauna in the tank. Bioload is very low since the mosquito rasboras and pygme cory are small. Amano shrimps and Fire Red Shrimps also scrape all the leftover food, so organic waste is limited. Hence, less chance for algae.

For the filtet system, Eheim Classic 2211 is good enough for this tank side with moderate flow and gentle to the fish.

Plants are pearling happily and show their best colour nowadays. I am happy to see that everytime.

Hope you all enjoy the journal!

Keep on scaping!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

is the top aqua fan quiet ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by limz_777 View Post
    is the top aqua fan quiet ?
    Not really quiet.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

I have done some video recording for the tank at Week 40. Since lighting is now at the max, plants pearling like crazy and also the Rotala Rotundifolia tips turning pinky orange which is very nice!

Enjoy the video!

https://youtu.be/sc2r_ZFSb7I

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Very nice nano tank you have there bro! Can you share if your light is dimmable and where did you buy it? I also have white sand at the foreground of my tank but my amanos are giving me a headache, they like to mess up the substrate gravel all over the white sand.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Thieverycorp View Post
    Very nice nano tank you have there bro! Can you share if your light is dimmable and where did you buy it? I also have white sand at the foreground of my tank but my amanos are giving me a headache, they like to mess up the substrate gravel all over the white sand.

Thanks bro. Yes, the light is dimmable. It is Chihiros LED light. You can find it in most LFS. I got it from Nature Aquarium at Thomson Road.

For the white sand, ya, it mess up sometimes but I put stones as divider to minimize the mix up with substrate.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

This tank has been running for 7-8 months and stable at mature state. I still enjoy it a lot since it is placed on the studying table and can be watched anytime.

Nothing much change on the plants and scape. Just added some Boraras maculatus and really like those small little active fish! They are schooling and really a great choice for small planted tank. :-)

Otocinclus affinis have been added to algae control screw as well. So far, no algae issue in this tank.

And fire red shrimps keep breeding like rabbit. I love them!

Have a short time lapse of weekly tank maintenance that I would like to share. Enjoy! ✌️

https://youtu.be/aK0k5U1ZNDk

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

beautiful

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

NICE!! Very inspirited by all the nano tanks from AQ! Small yet nice. Can i check is it neccessary to dose excel even with co2 injection?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

This tank has been running for 7-8 months and stable at mature state. I still enjoy it a lot since it is placed on the studying table and can be watched anytime.

Nothing much change on the plants and scape. Just added some Boraras maculatus and really like those small little active fish! They are schooling and really a great choice for small planted tank. :-)

Otocinclus affinis have been added to algae control screw as well. So far, no algae issue in this tank.

And fire red shrimps keep breeding like rabbit. I love them!

Have a short time lapse of weekly tank maintenance that I would like to share. Enjoy! ✌️

https://youtu.be/aK0k5U1ZNDk

Omg bro! Very nice sia your tanks!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by TTerry View Post
    NICE!! Very inspirited by all the nano tanks from AQ! Small yet nice. Can i check is it neccessary to dose excel even with co2 injection?
    Hi TTerry. Thank you. :-)

If you already has CO2 injected, there is not necessary to dose Excel since the carbon source is supplied. However, it would be additional benefit if excel to be dosed since the plants will benefit from receiving bioavailable source carbon from there.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by hirowen View Post
    Omg bro! Very nice sia your tanks!

Thanks a lot bro! ✌️

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi TTerry. Thank you. :-)

If you already has CO2 injected, there is not necessary to dose Excel since the carbon source is supplied. However, it would be additional benefit if excel to be dosed since the plants will benefit from receiving bioavailable source carbon from there.

Ic. Thanks lot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hello again. Thanks for sharing your nice tank. I think Boraras urophthalmoides will usually school tightly with their larger Boraras maculatus species. Are they doing that now in your tank?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    Hello again. Thanks for sharing your nice tank. I think Boraras urophthalmoides will usually school tightly with their larger Boraras maculatus species. Are they doing that now in your tank?
    Hi torque6,

In my tank, I see the Boraras urophthalmoides and maculatus are not really schooling together.

Boraras urophthamoildes even fight quite hard for their own territories amongst their own species. Those stronger males normally in better colouration and have their own territories in the tank.

On the other hand, Boraras maculatus are schooling quite tightly together. I noticed that since I observed them from the tank in LFS Seaview. When bring them back home, they does not disappoint me. ✌️ They are schooling and active fish. And also has nice orange colour. They are quite durable as well. I bought 9 of them and the survival rare is 100% till now (est. 2 months).

I think I might try chili rasboras next time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi torque6,

In my tank, I see the Boraras urophthalmoides and maculatus are not really schooling together.

Boraras urophthamoildes even fight quite hard for their own territories amongst their own species. Those stronger males normally in better colouration and have their own territories in the tank.

On the other hand, Boraras maculatus are schooling quite tightly together. I noticed that since I observed them from the tank in LFS Seaview. When bring them back home, they does not disappoint me. ✌️ They are schooling and active fish. And also has nice orange colour. They are quite durable as well. I bought 9 of them and the survival rare is 100% till now (est. 2 months).

I think I might try chili rasboras next time.

Boraras urophthamoildes fighting with Maculatus is odd as Maculatus is slightly larger. Probably because it is a small tank. Chili Boraras are alot more territorial. I had them in my 1FT tank before, and the alpha male was chasing every other male, depriving them of food during feeding.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    Boraras urophthamoildes fighting with Maculatus is odd as Maculatus is slightly larger. Probably because it is a small tank. Chili Boraras are alot more territorial. I had them in my 1FT tank before, and the alpha male was chasing every other male, depriving them of food during feeding.
    I mean the Boraras urophthamoides fighting within their own species, not with Maculatus rasboras. Haha.

Ya, it can be seen that those rasboras/boraras are quite territorial. It is quite interesting to watch actually.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

“The Jungle Cube” has been running for almost a year and still is one of my favorite tank!

Just captured a shot video on the munching time. Hope you all enjoy it!

https://youtu.be/MNWYUvFGp8E

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast