Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Mini Review - Siroka LED light (Lazada)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Mini Review - Siroka LED light (Lazada)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    This is a mini review of the Siroka LED Aquarium light available on Lazada. I got the 60cm version for $45 (just wait for the usual Lazada coupons/sales etc).

It is a relatively narrow light fixture with a huge amount of LEDs - (112pcs)W:64pcs;B:10pcs;R:6pcs;G:4pcs;RGB:28pcs. Total wattage is 32w so that implies that the individual bulbs are the low power 0.3w-0.5w type.

The big reason I got this light was its built in digital timer with Sunrise/Sunset and moonlight settings. My Aquazonic Spectra 60 Planted (36w) and Aquazonic Super Bright (23.94w) are great lamps but there is no sunrise/sunset mode so I wanted a 3rd light to gradually brighten/dim before the other lights turned on. At the same time, I am taking the risk that the digital timer will fail before the LEDs, which will render the light useless, but this was an acceptable risk given the $45 price (a standalone digital timer will already cost $20).

I've used this for a week and it's pretty good. In terms of brightness, I think it really is 32w... using my Aquazonic 36w as a benchmark. But Aquazonic is higher powered 1.5w LEDs which supposedly help the light penetrate more. In terms of colour, I like the Aquazonic because of their 1.5w pink LEDs which does improve the red spectrum.

Because I already have 2 lights with 36w (dimmed using the unit's dimmer after adding the Siroka ) +23.94w, I'm only setting the Siroka to 50% intensity to improve the coverage.

Frankly, for $45 including timer, I totally recommend it and you can check the reviews in Lazada as well.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/i1015642884-s3728440285.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

(2) If the timer turns on the light, pressing the light button to change settings (like intensity) appears to shift the light to some sort of manual override, in which case, the OFF light timer is no longer applicable - i.e. for a few nights the light remained on past the OFF time because I had fiddled with some settings.
    (3) The solution to (2) is to turn off the light, press the settings button and go into the timer setting mode (the ON or OFF times will still be there), confirm the settings, that will set the timer cycle again. If this is too complicated, then just Don't touch the light after the timer switches it on....
    (4) Heatwise, I think its no hotter than the Aquazonic at 100%. But because I'm only using at 50%, it runs cool.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Mini Review - Siroka LED light (Lazada)

Thanks Edwin.

Any photos of your lighting setup to share?

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

9tKQBse.jpg
    iSvwKBo.jpg
    here's some pics. excuse the condition of the tank.

my tank is 10 years old and I didn't maintain it at all for many years. but due to work from home I decided to do some 'renovation' I poured some fresh soil on top of the old soil, did some gravel vaccuum of the disintegrated soil and changed the lights. Cryptocorynes are from the original tank but everything else is recently added. Didn't bother removing a lot of the algae from the glass - want to get the plants growing first, then maybe focus on cleaning.

The Hygrophila Lancea Araguaia is growing nice and reddish and spreading low in the front left of the tank mainly thanks to the Aquazonic Spectra Planted LED.

The Siroka LED running at 50% is mainly to light the middle and the Bucephalandra kedagang on the middle rocks have doing well with new leaves. The Bucephalandra royal blue on the left rock, its health is uncertain.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Good to hear that the scape is getting a bit of a "renovation". Cryptocorynes are looking great. Once they settled in, they last forever!

The Siroka LED certainly looks interesting. I going to be researching for lights for a 90/100 cm setup and I will keep that in mind. Do share how your 3 light setup works for your scape in the near future.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I'm looking for a good budget 2ft light for my budget tank! Are you able to post a pic with just your siroka running at 100%?