Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Amano shrimp breeding

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I realised that there is not a lot of people talking about how to breed amanos. So I thought I would share my experience!
    *Disclaimer breeding amanos aren't as hard as people say but it is VERY time consuming

1)Wait until they are ready to give birth to the larvae which is prob when you see some larvae floating Ard.
    2)Isolate the females in a small freshwater tank when they start/abt to give birth and put an air stone so they aren't too stressed
    3)You also have to setup a tank of brackish water which is abt 35ppt with phytoplankton and a sponge filter. (I also like to add a light source so that the larvae will not suffocate at the bottom of the tank)and pipette out any larvae in the freshwater tank when the female gives birth. (The larvae can handle immediate change to saltwater)
    4)after a few days you see the female has layed most/all its eggs out you can put it (the female shrimp) back in the community tank but see if any of the eggs hatch for the next few days
    5)After you begin to see the larvae turn into post larvae, you can start to drip acclimate them for abt 12hrs
    6) put the post larvae shrimp into another freshwater tank(not community tank) and start feeding them crushed up shrimp food (this is where u also have to start and to frequent water changes)
    When their big enough put them in community tank

*This is just roughly what you should do
    You can refer to a YouTube channel called avatar aquatics I find him very useful

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Amano shrimp breeding

I raised 6 to adulthood but 4 died due to an amonia spike in the community tank

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk