isit? I heard from someone, you, hitman all infront of ehiem booth waiting for the pro3![]()

isit? I heard from someone, you, hitman all infront of ehiem booth waiting for the pro3![]()
Found out that that pleco, was actually the pet of Stingray Aquarium's boss.
& he was at first reluctant to bring it over to Singapore, cos it's a 1 in a million find.
Says someone offered him 3K plus for it. Forgot if the offer was in Sing$ or US$!
If that's the case, it's not burning a hole in the pocket, it's burning away the whole pocket, or in my case, my pants would be on fire. Hahaha![]()
No lah ! just eyeing the Eheim Kooniang lah !Originally Posted by Simon
. ok ! ok ! hitman took 2 units and I took 1
![]()
Giant, that fella ( Albino Adonis ) is US$3000. Last year 2 pcs of 1" was in Gold Ocean's shipment list, they were asking for S$500 bucks !. One of the PlecoFanatcis mod. took the risk and bought the 1" juvenile. Heng ahh ! the fella is still around ! he is about 4 " now !
Safe Diving !
Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
- Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )
They finally calmed down enough for me to take some shots.
What do u think?

Giant, those tetras look like the Morado tetra that was discussed on Petfrd sometime back. It has a scientific name which I can't recall right now.
Fish.. Simply Irresistable
Back to Killies... slowly.

Ah yes, about the failure to get those Corys, don't fret. If they appeared once they'll appear once again.
There's a large following of Corys with some well-heeled members that would not hesitate to purchase a half-dozen of each species, even if the cost was a little on the high side.
And those Pro III? Just get one from the local LFS and bargain loh! (in local lingo).![]()
Fish.. Simply Irresistable
Back to Killies... slowly.
Thanks stormhawk,
Went & did a search there & found the thread.
petfrd thread
Yeah, mine looks like that, except of cos that is a much clearer pic in the post.
My greedy lot are a bit fatter & the yellow stripe ontop of the black stripe is brighter & more distinct.
According to the Peru booklet I got from the expo, they are called Hyphessobrycon sp. "metae", i think.
Ooh.... if the prices are still the same as those mentioned there, then I might have got a bargain.![]()

Well if its Metae then its Colombian in origin I suppose. Oddly enough they should have known the scientific name by now.
Giant, don't mind me asking but is there anything in the Peru booklet on killifish? The genus should be Aphyolebias, Rivulus, Moema and some others.
Fish.. Simply Irresistable
Back to Killies... slowly.
I'll go back & check & let u know.Originally Posted by stormhawk

Thanks, I'll be looking forward to the info later.![]()
Fish.. Simply Irresistable
Back to Killies... slowly.
Originally Posted by stormhawk
Oops, just realised my booklet is actually a catalog.
So it just has pics of 4 Aphyolebias, their names & sizes.



Originally Posted by akoh
hahah i should have brought both of it back home instead of his place that night ...
my only regret was not buying the bloody air stones in time before they "jacked" the price up....![]()

Giant, what's their names and sizes (for the Aphyolebias that is).
Are their prices stated on the catalog?
Fish.. Simply Irresistable
Back to Killies... slowly.
stormhawk,
Here you go:
Hope I got the ones u were looking for
Peruvian Ornamental Fish
by iiap & Prompex
RIVULIDAE
3 of them are Aphyolebias sp. "pterolebia" 7 cm
& 1 Aphyolebias peruensis "pterolebia" 7 cm
No prices

Hmm.. that sounds good. Thanks Giant. Just the info I needed.![]()
Fish.. Simply Irresistable
Back to Killies... slowly.
Bookmarks