Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: which is the best In-sump Protein Skimmer that cost a reaso

Feedback Score

which is the best In-sump Protein Skimmer that cost a reaso

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I Just wonder wat kind of protein skimmers in the market is the best and is a reasonable prices..As i know a few brands like Red sea,aquamedic,Tunze etc are a good and efficient skimmer but they are very expensive.I wonder how about those taiwan brand like JEBO or MARCO skimmer.R they good skimmer?As their price is much much cheaper.Anyone used this brand before, can anyone kindly comments on it..Presently using a orca skimmer in the sump of my 4X2X2 marine tank and is urgently looking for a in-sump skimmer that cost ard 150-200.Thanks.

[:]

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I Just wonder wat kind of protein skimmers in the market is the best and is a reasonable prices..As i know a few brands like Red sea,aquamedic,Tunze etc are a good and efficient skimmer but they are very expensive.I wonder how about those taiwan brand like JEBO or MARCO skimmer.R they good skimmer?As their price is much much cheaper.Anyone used this brand before, can anyone kindly comments on it..Presently using a orca skimmer in the sump of my 4X2X2 marine tank and is urgently looking for a in-sump skimmer that cost ard 150-200.Thanks.
    ----------------
    Marco is not an in-sump skimmer.. unless u have a very deep sump.. [] actually, me is currently using ORCA skimmer now... and it have been serving me well..[] as for TUNZE.. perhaps spiff can help u on this..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Depends on what kind you want - venturi, downdraft, ETS - each kind has its own good ones in the field. I'm using a $200 Amiracle Typhoon double venturi PS that's working rather well - dragging out scum from my tank! Only caveat for venturi skimmers is that you've got to fork out more $$ to buy a powerful pump to get the water into the unit. I got a second hand Eheim 1250 at $40 to do the job.

Good luck in your search!

Regards,
    Hong Yee