Country
    Portugal

Can I ????Rain sistem (with fotos)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello.
    This is my first message here, Iīm Portuguese and my english is not so good but i gone try.
    I have 3 aquarium but right now i want to do a vivarium more a less like the one is in the attachment but with less water (just with 3 or 4 cms). My question is: can i mantain the vivarium in my garden? I well gone a be problems with the algae because the sun light??
    Thankīs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vitorhugof; 19th Jun 2005 at 01:09. Reason: turn of title

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by vitorhugof
    Hello.
    This is my first message here, Iīm Portuguese and my english is not so good but i gone try.
    I have 3 aquarium but right now i want to do a vivarium more a less like the one is in the attachment but with less water (just with 3 or 4 cms). My question is: can i mantain the vivarium in my garden? I well gone a be problems with the algae because the sun light??
    Thankīs
    Hi Vitorhugof, first and foremost, welcome to this forum and it's great having people from all over emmersing in this hobby.

For your query on the water level as low as 3-4cm, that is possible but there will have to be no filtration involved. And as the water level is so low and out in the garden, you have to regularly top up your water level as well as mist your plants everyday.

As for algae concerns, there's bound to be algae on the tank walls below the water level. If you want to eliminate such, have a few otos or diamond snails in to eat away the algae.

But most important thing of all, have regular everyday mistings of your plants as you mentioned, your tank will be in the garden under the sun. Preferably, you may want to try placing the tank in the shade.

Hope the advice helps.

Regards,
    Phillip.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal

Letīs see...

Hello.
    First i donīt go to put the vivarium exactely in the garden, but under of theseattachment 1 and 2) As you can see,these roof let trespass the sun light. Will be a problem???
    Second i mistake, because the water level will be more a less 15 cms, and the tank will have a cascade.
    About the filtration, i want t buy a "Eheim" wich model do you advice?
    I have another filter eheim, and will e user to do a sistem (rain sistem) like the foto 3,4 and 5.
    And for least the tank will be 100*100*60 cms.
    Tank you for all
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    First i donīt go to put the vivarium exactely in the garden, but under of theseattachment 1 and 2) As you can see,these roof let trespass the sun light. Will be a problem???

:No, it will not pose a problem and your ferns or anubias will not dry up due to the indirect sunlight. Your plants in the vivarium will receive ample sunligh thus allowing good growth. Just be sure to have a cover in place in the initial stages.

Second i mistake, because the water level will be more a less 15 cms, and the tank will have a cascade.
    About the filtration, i want t buy a "Eheim" wich model do you advice?

:I reccommend the 2213 model or any other which can sufficiently support the tank's capacity as well as having it strong enough to bring the water up to the tank.

I have another filter eheim, and will e user to do a sistem (rain sistem) like the foto 3,4 and 5.
    And for least the tank will be 100*100*60 cms.
    Tank you for all[/QUOTE]

Hope to see your tank soon.

Regards,
    Phillip.