Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

root monster

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    got a box of ocean free 's root monster at simon road today. never try it be4.regret that i have insert these root monster into my tank without asking you guys out here. so any one care to advice? any pro and cons?
    thank
    []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I used root monster. I have the habit of replanting my plants quite often. It caused excess nutrients to get into my water and caused a bit of BBA.

Generally, it did give the plants good growth. My advice is that after you plugged that thing into your gravel, don't disturb it too much.

BC

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The root monsters are slow-release fertilisers, right? I used them before and they look clean. Even after many months, you can still dig them up in one piece with the plant roots all attaching to it.

As with all fertilisers, I will use the sparingly or follow the instructions on the box.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Hi buzz

Gd stuff these root monsters, but it's more catered to the larger stemmed/root plants (i.e. not for hairgrass, etc.) & yes, they stay intact...sometimes the roots will grow into them, so when u pull out a plant to re-position or trim, the monsters might come out wif the plant.

Nizz

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    nizz, actually.. it can be used with foregrd plants like HG, glosso, tenellus.. these root monster do come in smaller forms, where it can be used.. i think one of the forumers using it to substitute base fert

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 4/16/2002 9:33:12 AM

nizz, actually.. it can be used with foregrd plants like HG, glosso, tenellus.. these root monster do come in smaller forms, where it can be used.. i think one of the forumers using it to substitute base fert
    ----------------
    Simon....really? Hmmmm....never seen it b4. But it's ok. I'm using jobe & ADA fert sticks for foreground anyway...thx for the info tho'...will keep a look-out for it.

Nizz

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/16/2002 9:33:12 AM

----------------
    Correct. The packaging for this loose form says it can be used by mixing with the gravel.
    For me - I did try sprinkling a handful between my cocopeat soil and the gravel.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks