Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Height of Rotala

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    492
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    10
    Country
    Singapore

    Height of Rotala

    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Advertise here

    Advertise here
    Trying to scape my rotala. Wonder if there are recommended height to maintain Rotala? Do you keep it at 3/4 waterlevel at max, half waterlevel at max or ???????

    I am sure that light plays a part, but wonder should I keep them short so that the bottom doesn't lose out to lightings and hence look unhealthy.

    Advice please. Thanks
    Peace & Tranquillity
    My Photos:
    http://www.freewebs.com/cbong/index.htm

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,240
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    141
    Country
    Singapore
    What rotala species are you referring to?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    302
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    I supposed you are refering to the normal pink rotala. Personally, I prefer a compact and bushy look over stringy ones. As it begins to look stringy, just cut off half of it mercilessly and replant the tops. Don't pull out the old ones, the top will replaced by even more beautiful and compact leaves. Just keep trimming and replant until you run out of space After which, you will have the heart to pull them out and throw them away

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •