Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: need help

need help

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have just setup a 2ft plain tank for my new luohans. overhead filter, lights and airpump. no plants, gravel. After a day, the water turns very whitish cloudy. why?
    Another question, do I need an air pump for this tank?was told by the aquarium shop owners that the outlet of the overhead filter is enough as it is creating some movement in the water. Is that true? Is the air enough for the 2 luohans? I have also change water for my the other 2 ft tank with 5 goldfishes, it also turn cloudy. Has overhead filter system, so need air pump? 2 years ago when I setup the tank for the goldfish w/o air pump but with the overhead filter system, all the fishes died within a week. When do I need an air pump?Thanks

Assuming everything is new, I'd say your tank isn't cycled and your holdfishes died because of new tank syndrome.

Your tank is an eco-system, it takes a while to mature, about a week, during that time, chemical flactuations are common. Thats why you see your water turn cloudy overnight. Next time, do not repeat the same mistake, use an aged sponge and let it run overnight, or else, let your tank run with some cheap fish like guppy or a pot of plants. Then add in the fishes.

You do not need an air pump, overhead filters are very good at oxygenating your tank.

As for the luohans... I do not know how many you can keep in a 2ft tank. Depends on the size of them. But when are you going to convert to discus or apistos... hehehe... come over to the dark apisto side... []
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury