Singapore

Help with Ram

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

Need some advice on Rams.

Not long ago, I bought a pair of blue Rams from Tiong Bahru. But they are so shy and don't feedback at the surface with the rest (Neons, SAEs, flying foxes, red-nose, etc) and eventually died after hiding among the plants for a few days.

Last weekend, I saw another type of Ram with longer fins and rounder at Petmet. I bought one to try out. The fish didnn't hide but seems to be hunting and eating something among the lower section of my plants and among the moss and riccia.

How can I get it to feed like the rest ?? My colleague is very successful by feeding them frozen bloodworms. I hope I don't have to resort to that as my wife will protest having it in the freezer !

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Peter

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Peterkoh, dwarf cichlid dun response to floating food like other fishes.. they need to be taught first.. u might wanna try Tetra bits.. seen some results using them for apisto.. perharps u like to slowly convert them to feed on commerical food

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi peter...

itz time to move from rams to apistoes..

krkrkr..

New dwarf cichlids do not response to floating food. You have to be patient and allow the fish to build up its confidence.
    All my apistos feed eagerly from the surface, they have been with me for sometime.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    "Who moved my cheese ?" - just realise that my posting has been moved here.

Pardon my ignorance ... what is apistoes and how does it looks like ? must be something exotic cos some of you keep plecos that costs about $50 per fish ! To me, it's a king sucker with white spots ! kekeke

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thks simon. looks like another type "luo han" to me is it as agressive and a loner or it can do well in community tank ?

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 4/23/2002 5:40:42 PM

thks simon. looks like another type "luo han" to me
    ----------------
    Be careful there....u r threading on very thin ice....might just incur the wrath of a thousand apistoes.....hahaha.....

Peter...i have a ram too, & i'm feeding him these slow-sinking food bits (sorry forgot the brand) and frozen bw on alternate days. Like many here have oredi mentioned, they r very very shy....putting them together wif other 'aggressive' (i.e. active) fish such as neons etc. doesn't help the cause (an opinion). Maybe u need to distract the other fish in order to feed ur rams...gd luck...

Nizz