Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CO2 Diffusor/Mixer/Reactor???

Feedback Score

CO2 Diffusor/Mixer/Reactor???

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    After searching around for a while, I am still confuse with them. I more or less know what's reactor. How about the other two? Is reactor placed inside the tank and the others outside?

I am asking this because I am still not sure which one to use for my to-be-setup 4' tank. I will prefer something external so as not to take up space in the tank. Also looks neater outside. Also aware that the external one need to be reliable, else I will create a flood at home.

What will you suggest? Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wstam, the ADA sale is on, you can get the bubble counter and the pollen glass 30, cheap cheap! don't miss!
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 4/23/2002 10:33:26 PM

wstam, the ADA sale is on, you can get the bubble counter and the pollen glass 30, cheap cheap! don't miss!
    ----------------
    Thanks for the tip. But where and how to get it?

Feedback Score
    OK. Saw the deals through the ADA link on this home page. Are they good? What other alternative do I have?

Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    diffuser/reactors r different ways of providing C02 into yr planted tank.. depend on yr needs and budget.. u can choose from a taiwanese diffuser or reactor, branded names like dennerle, biotope, jbl oso carry their own reactor/diffuser.. of coz ADA is another matter.. its the looks IMO

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    IMHO, the reactor is very bulky, looks like an alien spacecraft crashed into your fish tank, especially when the balls are still working. Then when it is overgrown with BBA and the balls stop rotating, it will look like ancient artefact from Atlantis [:0]
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hahahaaa

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    which one is good for DIY system??[:]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    reactor good for diy system.
    very good efficiency.
    thomas liew

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    paisay.. how does a reactor look like?? is it one with 2 bio-balls inside?[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    How about external one? No one seems to comment on it. Will anyone recommend a good and reliable external reactor/diffusor/mixer?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    external? you refering to the bubble counter? that one only for counter number of bubbles per second, the diffusor sits inside the tank and generate lots of small bubbles.

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 4/24/2002 3:08:02 PM

external? you refering to the bubble counter? that one only for counter number of bubbles per second, the diffusor sits inside the tank and generate lots of small bubbles.
    ----------------
    No, I am not refering to bubble counter. Isn't there such thing as external mixer/reactor that mix CO2 and water outside the tank? Thought I heard people mentioning them before.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    OH, I think it is an attachment to the cannister filter. Not familiar with this, let someone else comment.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    There are external Co2 reactors. But until now, there are only a few brands available. Dupla one (freaking expensive), the Aqualine one (not much cheaper, also not sure if Singapore have) and the Taiwan one. ADA dun have external Co2 reactor as far as I know.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    u can see the ADEC external reactor at C328.. they always display it jus outside the shop in a tank

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think Jaqno do have it and I believe that ectan is/was using it. Care to comment?

Reactor - more effiencient, less co2 wastage but look unsightly and big.

Diffusser - Looks good and small, very noce bubbling effect but not as efficient as reactor.

Personally, I was using the taiwanese reactor (with 2 bio balls inside). It worked pretty well but very unsightly. Tried tying moss to it to hide but looked damn weird. Switched to ADA diffusser and so far very happy with it.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Agree with Sherwin, if you have a pressurised CO2 then efficiency is not that important since you just need topping up more frequently. Again the compactness of the diffuser more than makes up for it. I hide my ADA pollen glass behind a clump of rotala, so can only see bubbles coming out of the bush.

Although some people prefer to put their pollen glass in front to show off [:]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    the jaqno one has gotten very good responses from the US plantgrowers who actually used it

and yes, damnit, i put my pollen glass beetle in front []

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 4/25/2002 8:21:13 AM

the jaqno one has gotten very good responses from the US plantgrowers who actually used it

and yes, damnit, i put my pollen glass beetle in front []
    ----------------
    Like to ask does the pollen glass bettle subject to those green alage infestation on the surface like those cheapo no brand glass diffuser?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast