Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gd place to topup co2 cylinder?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Question Gd place to topup co2 cylinder?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello people!

Is there any place where you guys can recommend me to top up my co2 cylinder? I stay opposite potong pasir...i have tried topping up at rainbow in serangoon north and the gas barely lasts 3 weeks. Previously i was topping up at some place in clementi but thats really far away. Thanks for the help

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    go to blk 22 boon keng; system & control engineering aka bioplast.
    boon keng mrt is just next door.
    immediate top up.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thank you! immediate topup What time does the shop close?

Feedback Score

Question

hello,

how much will a 2 litre CO2 tank top up cost?
    thanks.
    2 U he''s a pet, 2 him U R his everything ;p

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It should not set you back by $20.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    There's a thread on this. See http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ead.php?t=8230
    Hope you can find a shop near your home.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

am i wrong to say that u CAN only top up the tanks from where you bought from?
    not too sure.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAN23
    am i wrong to say that u CAN only top up the tanks from where you bought from?
    not too sure.
    It depends on LFS, some don't care.

Different LFS also have different turnaorund time, like 1-to-1 exchange, next working day, 3 days, etc.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    if the co2 cylinders are in good condition, lfses would normally refill it. however, they may not want to refill co2 cylinders in bad condition. they wouldn’t want to risk an exploding co2 cylinder.

those lfses offering 1-to-1 exchange would want identical cylinders. those that offers immediate top-up would normally all good condition cylinders.

the more stringent refillers are the gas suppliers such as soxal. they would require the cylinder to have valid hydrostatic test certification. the certification is stamped on the neck of the cylinder.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    For me I do a 1-to-1 exchange at a CO2 cylinder supplier in Bedok who sells cylinders to NA with the blue/silver Italian made valve. $10 per exchange.

Feedback Score

Question

May we know where is this place in Bedok? Any contact number?
    1 to 1 exchange is good, save time.
    Thanks.
    2 U he''s a pet, 2 him U R his everything ;p

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Check with Soxal, (Singapore Oxygen Air Liquide Pte Ltd), they will tell you that the co2 tank need to be certified every 5years. They will either issue a certificate or imprint a marking on your cylinder if your tank meets the standard requirement.

I think they charge about $16 to $18 for the certification.

Cheers!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by tawauboy
    if the co2 cylinders are in good condition, lfses would normally refill it. however, they may not want to refill co2 cylinders in bad condition. they wouldn’t want to risk an exploding co2 cylinder.

those lfses offering 1-to-1 exchange would want identical cylinders. those that offers immediate top-up would normally all good condition cylinders.

the more stringent refillers are the gas suppliers such as soxal. they would require the cylinder to have valid hydrostatic test certification. the certification is stamped on the neck of the cylinder.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by lwm999
    For me I do a 1-to-1 exchange at a CO2 cylinder supplier in Bedok who sells cylinders to NA with the blue/silver Italian made valve. $10 per exchange.
    NA told me the Italian valve is lifetime warranty. Valve will spolit so easily ?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    May we know where is this place in Bedok? Any contact number?
    1 to 1 exchange is good, save time.
    Thanks.
    Don't know whether administrator thinks it is appropriate to list here leh Maybe I PM you when I dig out the info.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by lwm999
    Don't know whether administrator thinks it is appropriate to list here leh Maybe I PM you when I dig out the info.
    If it is a legitimate business, I don't see why not? Can share the lobang and it is up to forumers to see/experience for themselves if their service/product is up to standard.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote :
    Check with Soxal, (Singapore Oxygen Air Liquide Pte Ltd), they will tell you that the co2 tank need to be certified every 5years. They will either issue a certificate or imprint a marking on your cylinder if your tank meets the standard requirement.

If you bring to Soxal than its no problem but for many of us, we just put it at LFS and most of them will ask us to collect it one day later. Is the company that is doing the top up "qualified" since the cyclinders will probably and be brought to a factory to top up?

And will they inform us via LFSs that the cyclinder needs to be tested and certified if it's more than 5 yrs and that we have to pay extra for it or they just top up without informing us of the need?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by juggler
    If it is a legitimate business, I don't see why not? Can share the lobang and it is up to forumers to see/experience for themselves if their service/product is up to standard.
    Here is the info:
    Leong Chew Gas & Trading
    Blk 3013 Bedok Ind Park E #01-2108
    Tel:6441-2108

It is facing Simei Ave. I believe they only exchange cylinder of the same made, which means by right you have to buy the cylinder/valve from them.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I guess it may be a government regulatory that the tank need to be check every 5 years, however if nothing goes wrong, than it is still ok to continue using the co2 tank. However if something should happen, than the owner of the CO2 tank would probably have to take the blame.

The pressure that is required to convert the CO2 into liquid to fill up the tank is extremely great that explosion may just occur. I happen to read some article in theKrib web where some of the forumer shared their experience.

The link is as follows;

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/CO2/co2-rocket.html#0

Cheers!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by aquarius
    Quote :

If you bring to Soxal than its no problem but for many of us, we just put it at LFS and most of them will ask us to collect it one day later. Is the company that is doing the top up "qualified" since the cyclinders will probably and be brought to a factory to top up?

And will they inform us via LFSs that the cyclinder needs to be tested and certified if it's more than 5 yrs and that we have to pay extra for it or they just top up without informing us of the need?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Heard from someone that co2 that is topped up on the spot in LFS will not be as fully filled as those that they send to industry to top up. U guys got any comments or experience in this?

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi yup i think those in industry ones last longer. But MOST LFS send their tanks to be topped up in an industrial firm. And 3 weeks is alittle too short i think your co2 tank has a leak somewhere, go chk it out
    Holy is the Lord, God Almighty ! The Earth is filled with His Glory !
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet
    Ferts: Dry Mixture/Dr Mallicks. Temp: 26 degrees Substrate: ADA Amazonia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast