Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Cyber Jaya.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Cyber jaya was a place full with oil palm plantation. Was full of streams and lakes. But the govr and private sector trying to develop this place into a cyber world. Lot of plantation and streams replacing by highway and buildings.

I was had lunch with one of the member. She was asking me about the stream where i went a year plus ago in Cyber Jaya. So, we made a decision to go there n have a look after lunch.

Unfortunately the entrance to the lake and stream area was blocked. (Yes. that place full of lakes big or small around 20-30 of them. Streams link up with all the lakes.) I asked the security guard for permission said wanna have a look of the lake and able to go in till the construction area.

Just found a big lakes and 2 small ponds just after the entrance. Get a net which i standby inside my car all the time. Caught 3 3-4inch "Soon Hot" (Pronounce in Cantonese) Got no much luck there due to the water pollution.

So found a small human made stream which link to the big lake just opposite the entrance. Try my luck again and caught few esomus metallicus and betta imbellis.

Here is the pic...kinda hard to get the Betta imbellis picture. coz they hiding under the mosses. Currently in my office tank...

Esomus Metallicus

My new blog about field trip, aquascaping, DIY and etc. http://dominicanrepublica.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi itssg,

Thanks for sharing your excursion.

The Esomus metallicus seem to be infected with velvet? Marble goby do grow very big you know. Not exactly the best to keep in smaller aquariums.

Out of curosity, did you drive up from Singapore or are you based in KL?

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Hi benny,

The Esomus body was covered by the mud...

Yes. i know the marble goby will grow huge. It is just my temporary tank. Anyway, 2 of them missing this morning once i reached office. The tank was fully covered by a mid weight magazine. left a very small gap for air in n out.

If they jump out, for sure i can see the body. Just like my previous pugnax jump out from tank before. But this time...no body found. Somemore too hungy n swallow it i think.

Btw, I am staying in Kuala Lumpur and working in Cyber Jaya.
    My new blog about field trip, aquascaping, DIY and etc. http://dominicanrepublica.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    I went to that place again just now. Just nearby... This is the pond with Snakehead and Marble Goby.

This is the biggest pond over there... Kinda deep. Saw a fella caught the 4 feet long snakehead.

Another small pond link with stream. Can see my foot print at the middle dry and soft soil?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    This is the place which i wish to enter. But the security guard said too dangerous and don't allow me to go in. From this gate, gonna walk 20-30 minutes. And you will reach a place full of streams n ponds on both left n right hand side.

You can see this small stream just at the road side. Caught the Esomus and Betta imbellis here.

Unknown plant...anyone help to id?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Passed by a pond yesterday with colleagues after lunch. So decided to go there n try to check it out. This 2 swamps are link together.

Quite lucky and good weather today. Caught 30 over pieces of Rasbora. But they need very high oxygen. lot of them died... Have to bring along an air pump next time.

After lunch, still have plenty of time. And went to the previous swamp to get the marble goby. Since rained this morning...so, got this unknown fella. I know lot of "orang asli" cooked it with curry.

Then got some ghost shrimp as well.

Heard the security guard told me last few days. They are going to cover the swamp with rock n sand. Able to safe 5 of marble goby.

My office nano tank going to overload again.