Country
    Singapore

Exclamation Problem with Eheim Ecco 2232

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Guys,

I had this problem with my external filter. When I switch it on, the flow rate was like gushing out. No problems.

But after a day, or actually a few hours, the i cannot see any real flow.

I open up the filter and clean it up, and still to no avail.

Anyone has any idea what went wrong? Is there something I need to change since it's been operating well for 10 -11 months?

I was quite afraid that if I keep it on, the filter may just burst on me. You know the electrical sockets are in the cabinet and I really don't want to see that happening!

Really urgent as I have switch it off and there is currently no filter switch on. I supposed my critters will soon be affected by this.

Please help, bros!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    My estimative guess.

1) The impeller casing could have an air built up (air lock). This would accumulate over time and the impeller will continue to be spinning in the air lock. No water movement will occur.

2) Somehow, the impeller gets loose and isn't operating at all. There maybe some small parts that the impeller shaft sits on and that you may have missed installing it back on during maintenance.

Just guessing. HTH.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Any knocking noises?

Could there be kinks in your hoses? They may take some time to form as the weight of the hoses and water bear on them. Check again when the flow rate drops.

Have the hoses been cleaned?
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh, don't worry the filter won't burst... it's not a pressure pump.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks, Guys!

Anyhow, it doesn't appear to be working for now. I intend to troubleshoot this later after my "big" day is over.

Guess the only way is go get it investigated at "Eheim"? Not something I can remedy myself right?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Check the impeller... The same thing happened to me when I was sick... It was very frustrating as nothing seems to be wrong but yet the stupid thing has no flow...

Open up the impeller chamber and take the impeller out. If the white plastic part is separated from the main body, then it is time to change the impeller... You can try to superglue it back but it might not last long... Good as a temporary solution but make sure the glue is dry!...

Everything should be alright after that... (provided it is the impeller problem). Good luck!
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Justikanz
    Check the impeller... The same thing happened to me when I was sick... It was very frustrating as nothing seems to be wrong but yet the stupid thing has no flow...

Open up the impeller chamber and take the impeller out. If the white plastic part is separated from the main body, then it is time to change the impeller... You can try to superglue it back but it might not last long... Good as a temporary solution but make sure the glue is dry!...

Everything should be alright after that... (provided it is the impeller problem). Good luck!

I had bought a second hand one some time back and had the same symptoms. Sought help from a LFS which sells eheim products. Was told that the impeller needs to be replaced.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I guess the ecco series has this problem...according to the guy at nature aquarium. have to strip the impellers and the connectors and flush them thoroughly....