Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: ADA - Liquid Fertliser "ECA"

Feedback Score

ADA - Liquid Fertliser "ECA"

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi, just want to share with everybody on the amazing effect on the above products.

Recently, when i was in Hong Kong, i bought this small bottle of ECA solution (Efficient Complex Acid), comes in 50ml & 500ml version.

This ECA actuallys help the plants to form essential pigments in the plant for photosythesis. It is especially effective towards Red Color stem plant, like Eusteris Stellata, Gratiola Sp...

After dropping the dosage, you'll see in the next few days, new buds forming ontop of the stem...and color are getting brighter...

[] [] ...Now i'm a bit regret that i never buy the 500ml, i only buy the small bottle only..as it is quite expensive, around S$20 plus. The 500ml, are around S$150 plus....aiyah, at that moment, spend too much $$$$ liao...so abit giam on this ECA...

If someone is going to HK, can buy this at their famous "Fish Street"..

The street name is Tong Choi Street....

Cheers!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i was wondering what the ECA stood for
    was very tempted after i say it in the catalogue, but could never get my hands on it
    hmm, isn't jw doing a MO for ADA gravel?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    For what it's worth, Tung Choi Street means Jalan Kang Kong.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 4/30/2002 10:11:07 PM

i was wondering what the ECA stood for
    hmm, isn't jw doing a MO for ADA gravel?
    ----------------
    DEA, ECA stood for Efficient Complex Acid..as mentioned above.
    As for the ADA Gravel, yes, i'm supposed to come back to you guys for the costs per bag.

The cost of the gravel alone already S$40.00 per bag, after adding the freight charges & habdling fees, it comes out to be around S$55.00 per bag, assuming 1 pallet can contain approximate 50 bags.

I'm just too paiseh to post that pricing here lah...too exorbitant.

Anyway, if you guys still interested, we have to arrange advance payment to my HK's friends, so that he has the $$ to buy the gravel. Otherwise, we can't expect him to foot the $$ on our behalf first....and we pay him later when goods arrive. This has to be mutually agreed in advance, before we can proceed with the order.

So...still interested??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    jw, i noe, cos i put WAS mah

can you email us at [email protected]?

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    jw,

my friend in Hongkong cannot find any shops that carry Aqua-soil by ADA. What is the shop name?

BTW, there is no agent in HK for ADA leh, is it true?

regards,
    Colin

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Plant pigments are proteins. Proteins are made from amino acids. How ECA promote pigment synthesis is beyond me.

APD suggested that it is a mix of organic iron, other organics and amino acids. In other words, it is supposed to be "por" for aquatic plants.

though, I am sure a lot of people will be interested in ADA gravel (me excluded).

Feedback Score
    ----------------

my friend in Hongkong cannot find any shops that carry Aqua-soil by ADA. What is the shop name?

regards,
    Colin
    ----------------
    Your friend must be busy shopping in Hong Kong lah....you see the map above???...there are lot's of LFS shop along the street...so many shop selling ADA stuff..are you able to ask your friend to buy the ECA for me??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    would have thought you people would prefer seachem flourite. since aquamart selling at $37 per bag.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Just to add-on the Aquasoil, based on the website http://www.aquagoods.com, the Aqua Soil 9l weight about 8500g and it is not 20kg as we first thought.
    My Apisto Keeping Diary
    Apistogramma agassizii, Apistogramma bitaeniata "Careiro", Apistogramma brevis, Apistogramma elizabethae, Apistogramma eremnopyge, Apistogramma sp. "Miua", Dicrossus filamentosus

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    what does seachem flourite look like? last i remember they were chunky, or was that onyx?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

I have been using the ADA Aquasoil with the Power sand for the past three years. They are excellent. Beside this I have tried the Dennerle deponit mix, not too bad too. just my personal view only.

The ADA Aquasoil has a natural river bed color (earth tone) instead of the usual lone star river sand. Therefore it also adds a natural look to the set up.

ECA have served me well for the past number of years.

BTW, like to get the lily pipe, broken one of them (the intake pipe). if you have the kang tow, will need your assistance. I suppose the info is supplied by Johnny right?
    []

So.....one more ADA fan here now....and life is not so bored liow, with someone to share with

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi
    One more thing.....for those looking into the ADA aquasoil, note that they comes in three variety, each for the different types of plants.
    They are the African, Malayan and Amazon (color tone varies in intensity) they are best use with ADA Power Sand (serve as the base fertiliser) A bag of Aquasoil 9L will be sufficent for a 2 ft X 1 ft tank.
    As for the Power Sand, they comes in granule size of S, M and L (get the Power Sand Special which is the better choice) a bag of 2 Litres granule S size is good for a 2 ft X 1 ft.
    My 2 cents

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    New types of sand come out already lo, not only three.

Check it out! http://www.aquagoods.com/rom
    Aquatic plants and LEGO collector.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

Yea, I saw it in the 2001 catalogue. Still feel that the original batch gives the more natural color. The new one looks more like lone star river sand. Well, more variety gives more option and choice.
    Dunno if they are coated with those substance(cannot remember its name) that helps clear out cloudiness in new set up. The older Aquasoil series does have the effect.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    jellydot72,
    Have you try Nisso volca sand before? Some LFS claimed that it will turn to mud in a few years time and harmful bacteria will thrive in substrate. Would these problems arise in ADA aquasoil as well?

Thank you
    Aquatic plants and LEGO collector.