Country
    Singapore

Utimate Fish tank at Plaza Singapura

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

Was at Plaza Singapore today and saw a fish tank at this shop call Equip-Design dealing in bathroom fixtures and locks.

Not sure if it's from Germany or Italy, but it's selling for S$6000 and for a limited time, with a 40% discount.

Too bad I don't have a picture of it, but it's basically a wash basin/fish tank. Try to imagine a nice glass wash basin about 2.5/3 ft wide and about 1.5 ft deep with a height of about 8 inches, but there is a box below the basin which houses the tank. Everything is enclosed and your soapy water from the basin does not get into the tank. There is a box where the tap is located and the (lame) filtration is located there. Good chance of electrocution if you are not careful as they also put a PL light in the same box.

We saw fishes gasping for air and the water was murky green. They obviously used ADA aquasoil with Java ferns (windelov) and everything looked like they will die soon.

I hope nobody will buy this monster of a contraption and no fishes will suffer from it. It's quite unbelieveable what they try to do with fish tanks these days.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I've seen that... It looks like a nightmare to maintain. On a side note, check out Park Mall. There's this new shop in the basement that will customise cabinets, tables and stuff... With built in tanks. A bit pricey, but some of the stuff look really good.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    That Park Mall shop should be Michael Aquatic Design
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Somebody should go and tell that shop owner that what he selling is cruel to the fishes and plants. Sheeshh.. Can such cases be referred to SPCA?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    FishFan,

I've a question for you... why not YOU go and do it?

Just being the devil's advocate ... no offense meant.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    @fishfan, depends on what "such cases" are. I believe you can report the sales of "painted" glass fish. Those injected with neon dyes that kill the fish. You could also sue them for selling defective goods if you have a good enough lawyer but that's taking it a little too far =)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Vinz, are you referring to me speaking to the Shop owner or sending a letter to SPCA? Will definitely have a talk with the Shop owner the next time I go to PS.

XnDdVd, didn't know that "painted" fishes are "illegal". Still see quite a few LFS carrying such fishes.