who is the great scaper?Originally Posted by |squee|
![]()


who is the great scaper?Originally Posted by |squee|
![]()
Nicholas
Newbie en el cichlid enano

Not me![]()
He must have waiting freaking long for the fish to be almost perfectly posed like that.

Lovely tank![]()

reminds me of one of Amano's tank.
why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica



wah i want to build one, needs lots of glosso and nanas, two types of plants only.
How big is the tank? 3ft?

you should never forget that pictures are forever, a real aquarium however, will never look this good ALL THE TIME.
also a real aquarium (vs pix) would be fully lit and not so sexily half lit![]()
why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica



Agreed, my tank pic looks better than the real thingOriginally Posted by hwchoy
![]()

No idea how big it is, most likely 3ft like you said, or even 2ft. Gauge from the size of the glosso. Easy enough to get the plants.. but the wood positioning is exceptional.Originally Posted by K11
Of course it's Amano's! Most likely anyway![]()

This is really nice. Thanks for sharing..Originally Posted by |squee|
![]()
The More You Share, The More You Have
how does he grow glosso like that without getting algae on the Anubias?

drool drool......
How I wish my tanks are like his..........![]()

Impressive scape indeed!
Cheers,
I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?
Wow...! Great scape... only glosso and anubias, no trimming effort... can concetrate to other tanks...![]()

*shrug* magic fingersOriginally Posted by gregorsamsa
![]()
My guess is it's the glosso... they grew crazily enough to stop all other algae.

Originally Posted by Sweet Angel
why do you say glosso no trimming effort? they can grow so fast that you need to thin them otherwise the layers below will rot and breed BBA.
why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Yea, glosso is a crazy grower when conditions are right. I had to trim my tank every week when I had it.






That's Amano's work.
See http://www.vectrapoint.com/main/phot...ga11-JPEG.html
A few more at http://www.vectrapoint.com/main/photo/gallery.html
BTW - I was searching for ADA Europe and found that their website has been revamped. Nicer. Check out http://www.adaeuro.com and view their gallery.
Cheers!
koah fong
Juggler's tanks
Originally Posted by hwchoy
I thought glosso will only grow spreading vertically if the lights high enough...? So doesn't need trimming...?
![]()

Originally Posted by Sweet Angel
glosso grow vertically if the light is NOT strong enough. and they look terrible that way so no point.
why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica
Bookmarks