Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

FB Newt went missing..

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    have a qn to ask those experienced bros...
    can newt climb up the glass walls?

my FB newt went missing...
    dun think it can escape, so i suspect a bird flew in and snatched away my beloved newt
    my 1-ft tank is uncovered and quite near to the window...

RIP my adorable pet

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, newts can climb glass. You might want to try placing shallow trays of water with food in them out and see if you have any luck enticing them into the traps.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh yes!! My sister found one of my newts kept in an open tank outside my room at 3am! The newt saw her and ran back into my room (clever one...) and my sis woke me up to get it back into the tank...

Another 2 kept in a covered tank also disappeared, which I assumed escaped thru an opening at the back created by the buckling plastic cover...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    haaa..caught in the act.. probably they just wanna tour your house abit.. but they seemed domesticated enough to go back to your room when discovered haa..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    These fellas only been at my room for 1-2 months leh... But I almost crushed it when I opened the door for my sis! My sis was REALLY surprised when it knew to return to the room...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, they can climb glass. Their skin becomes sticky when it dries up and they can literally walk up the walls. "Don't see their leg skinny skinny hor..." they can haul themselves up a few feet of vertical glass.

Mdm, search around your room/house. It's probably dried up in some dark corner somewhere. If it was lucky enough to get to a moist area like a garden, a moist pot of soil or the toilet, it might still be alive.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.