Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: OTTO powerhead protein skimmer.Don't know good or not?

Feedback Score

OTTO powerhead protein skimmer.Don't know good or not?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi!Discovered H2O selling the above for $30+ looks good.Don't know whether it is?Comments please?Thanx

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi!Discovered H2O selling the above for $30+ looks good.Don't know whether it is?Comments please?Thanx
    ----------------
    the system dun come with a powerhead.. u need to get it separately.. as such.. the effectiveness of the skimmer is determined by the powerhead... which is different from those that work using air bubbles...

however, the OTTO is very much similar to those Marco skimmers.. and using that as a gauge, it work great.. good value for $$$[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Great!!!But wats the pwrhead flowrate requirement for efficient skimming IYO???

Feedback Score
    Just my 2 cent worth of words. I should say, regardless what size of your marine tank, a Protein Skimmer is a MUST. After I have bought myself a skimmer, my water quality is consider good.

issit OTTO or JEBO, only saw this brand JEBO looks good and well it's already reserved by someone. Beg and Beg and hehe he sold it to me : ) he recommended a 2000L/H flowrate powerhead. but too strong, fine bubbles at out flow. recommended by the manual 1500L/H(or higher) powerhead so got the 2K(tot the stronger the better) should have stick to 1500L/H. Lelong Lelong 2000L/H powerhead @$20 only few days old got it for $28 I stay in amk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    mariner, it really depends on the skimmer that u are gonna use and the recommended flowrate powerhead. So, i'm sorry, can't really help u here...but just a word of advice, dun take the words of the lfs owner seriously, of course, unless u know him/her well enuff to know that he/she knows their stuff.

ask for permission to open up the packaging to see the instruction and the flowrate of the powerhead recommended, anyway, u are gonna get it right? and if the recommended powerhead flowrate is not available, go to the next powerhead with the closest flowrate recommended. a bit more wun kill.

btw, there should be different sizes of skimmer ard.. so, try to go for the one that is suitable for your tank.[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Thanx 4 the advise.[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    no prob.. hope that the info helps..

Feedback Score
    me too got the JEBO at RANIBOW at $38 running a 2200L powerhead and 4 outlet into 1 outlet air pump to the skimmer fine air bubble is in the out stream of water and no protein out after running for almost 5 day help did i set it up wrongly huh

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    me too got the JEBO at RANIBOW at $38 running a 2200L powerhead and 4 outlet into 1 outlet air pump to the skimmer fine air bubble is in the out stream of water and no protein out after running for almost 5 day help did i set it up wrongly huh
    ----------------
    too powerful already lah.. 4 outlets?? 2 is more than enuff...
    [:]

Feedback Score
    yes i now turn the air pump to the lowest and only have turn the four valve to half output.
    []