Images
    Country
    Singapore

Where is KingFisher LFS

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Does anyone know where does KingFisher LFS moved to ?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Lorong 27 at geylang.. its just next to the aljunied mrt.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks.
    Another person email me the address :

King Fisher Aquarium
    76 Lor 27 Geylang Singapore 388194
    Ian Tan Tel : 6841 6816
    Opening Hours: 10.30am to 10.00pm. Closed on Mondays.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Try to support KF. Another friendly LFS. But messy. heh..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by barmby
    Try to support KF. Another friendly LFS. But messy. heh..
    Saw on the Arofanatic site that KF is undergoing a Renovation Sale. Wonder what's Ian up to ? Has anyone gone recently?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hmm... shall go pay him a visit. New LFSs always deserve a look
    Well, new to me anyway...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    overheard him talking tt he;s renovating coz he wants to rent out some of the shop space so he's clearing up his livestocks...as for livestocks there were Boraras urophthalmoides,corydoras similis,sterbai0..n plenty of cherry shrimps n some fishes tt i dun't knoe :P

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Currently the back portion of the shop is not used. He is not renting out half the shop, is he?
    Corydoras: 2 x adolfoi, 1 x agassizii, 5 x albino aeneus, 3 x arcuatus, 4 x atropersonatus, 3 x axelrodi, 6 x axelrodi variante B, 4 x caudimaculatus, 5 x duplicareus, 8 x goldlines, 3 x kanei, 3 x loretoensis, 6 x melini, 4 x panda, 6 x schwartzi, 3 x similis, 4 x sterbai, 4 x surinamensis, 5 x trilineatus, 4 x tukano & 3 x zygatus

RIP 1 x adolfoi, 1 x albino aeneus & 2 x panda

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher
    Currently the back portion of the shop is not used. He is not renting out half the shop, is he?
    Strange to have kingfisher asking about kingfisher... hehe.

I visited the place last week, according to Ian, he is indeed looking at renting out half the shop space. Things are really not looking well for LFS these days.

It would really be a shame, when he shifted from cassia crescent few months back, he was still looking forward to the bigger shop space at the new location and mentioned that he could then bring in some rarer fishes and maybe a few more show tanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by bossteck
    Strange to have kingfisher asking about kingfisher... hehe.

I visited the place last week, according to Ian, he is indeed looking at renting out half the shop space. Things are really not looking well for LFS these days.

It would really be a shame, when he shifted from cassia crescent few months back, he was still looking forward to the bigger shop space at the new location and mentioned that he could then bring in some rarer fishes and maybe a few more show tanks.
    That Kingfisher (nick) is not Ian but a member who happen to use that name
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    is kingfisher LFS still having a sale on?
    i would like to go visit it tmr

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    And does anyone know what his operating hours are like? I was there at about 7pm today(monday) but it was closed.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    maybe its closed for renovation already?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    If I didn't remember wrongly, it is closed on Mondays... Call the shops first before going... I learnt it the hard way too...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

Kingfisher is closed on Mondays. It usually opens at 12noon to 10pm on Tues to Friday and Sunday. On Saturdays, 12 noon to 7+pm.

Phone: 68416816

Hope this helps.

On a separate but related issue, it is really disheartening to see hobbists descending upon LFS like vultures whenever they hear the words "closing down" or "clearing stock", I am not directing this comment at anyone in particular so please do not take offense, it is just my personal observation.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT saying that if you're not a regular at a particular LFS, then you should jolly well stay away when it is having sales.

What I am trying to put across is, don't wait till a LFS (especially the one that is really local to you) to be closing down/clearing stock before you visit it... if your LFS is a decent one, even if their prices are slightly higher, I would encourage you to continue to patronize them, afterall what's the difference of a few dollars? If you factor in your transport costs to another LFS renowed for selling cheap that is across town, your savings isn't that great. Besides, eventually you will become a regular at your LFS and get discounts anyway.

I hope the day when we only have a handful of good LFS left wouldn't come.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    i think it has already come..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I couldn't agree more with bossteck. And let me add something else, when the poor owner is already down on his luck and letting go of everything in the store for bargain prices, DON'T BARGAIN! Just accept whatever price they offer cos you know you're getting it at a fraction of what they're worth.

And I fear that day has come too... All the good LFSs are closing down or downsizing. But why? the sudden boom of low maintainence luohan places? Ok, getting OT.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I find it very strange that LFSs are not doing well especially the good ones. The industry should have consolidated after the lou han craze was over and the good ones should see more business as there is less competition. When i visit the usual popular LFSs i still see people buying fishes, plants and accessories as per normal. For me as usual it's also the same, i go LFSs to buy fish food that have run out or replenish fishes that have died. Basically i spend as per normal and i also didn't notice people cutting back on their expenses during my usual trip to LFSs.
    But when i speak to LFS owners they all say that business is not very good. Wonder what is happening???

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Taxes possibly? Bills? Maybe one of the LFS owners can shed some light on the situation...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think there're multiple factors.

1. Fewer new hobbists, when is the last time your friends (not in AQ) seek your advice about setting up a tank? These days people prefer to keep dogs.

2. Consumer mindset, after Luo Han craze, many of the LH shops closed down, sell their stock at rock bottom prices, people soon got used to that, the (normal) price at LFS are now deemed too expensive

3. Forums (sadly), better information sharing, how often do you see posts like "where in singapore can i find the cheapest XYZ", people don't mind travelling half way across the country in order to save a few dollars, forums also provided an avenue for home breeders, people giving up hobby to give out free stuff, sell 2nd hand equipment etc. This was done on a smaller scale before forums became popular. But I still support AQ 100%!

4. Of course, our ever increasing costs of living.

OK back to original topic.

I dropped by Kingfisher last night. It will be closed from next Monday to Thursday for renovation. So, if you want to help Ian to clear his lifestock, drop by before next Monday.