Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Another good LFS bites the dust

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wAh! cannot do anymore chonging in the mountain liao!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    TELL ME ABOUT IT!! the only shop near my house and where i always go get my tubifex worms and see see look look his fish..
    Where am i going to get my rare fishes now?? wah lau!! damn kek sim..
    uncle so nice somemore.. haiz.. 20+ years in the business and now my old time "one of the favourites" fish shop is gone....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    When's it officially closed? Or it's already closed!!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Should be closing by end November.

I'll definitely miss his shop too. My number 1 place for rare oddballs, and uncle takes good care of his fish. His tubifex is pretty fresh because of his air-conditioned place but sadly I'll also have to look for another source.

Just go down and support him. Help to clear the rest of the stuff. I got some items at pretty good prices.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    JY, his mags still available? But going there from my workplace is a hassle... Ya, will miss the gobies too... *Sigh*...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Not forgetting the 4ft (?) planted tank looking precariously balanced above the staircase on the way down to his store...
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ooo... That IS a classic one... Never seen a fish tank being displayed that way... And planted and maintained beautifully somemore... So sad to see him remove the plants from that tank...

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    so sad... one by one all the good lfs closing...
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    That's bad news!, going to miss that place

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Quote Originally Posted by Justikanz
    Ooo... That IS a classic one... Never seen a fish tank being displayed that way... And planted and maintained beautifully somemore... So sad to see him remove the plants from that tank...
    I supported him in doing that..besides the massive amount of equipment i got yesterday.. Got lots of pygmy crypts..
    Think will go help him again today.. i will sooo miss the shop.. so frustratingsometimes... haiz.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Sad to hear that. It's one of my favorite too!

Was there yesterday and ran into so many folks their for the closing sale.

Picked up quite a few bargains. Not much fishes left, but there are some accessories. Look out for bargains from Eheim, JBL, Sera, Dupla, Dennerle, Rena, Eden, Tetra as well as Asian brands such as JBL, Dymax, Ista, Ototto, Mr. Aqua, Hikari, Azoo etc, etc. Food, fertilizers and medication are a fraction of their original cost.

Final day of operation should be 30 Nov 2005. From 01 Dec 2005, the shutters of the door will be shut.

Cheers,
    Last edited by benny; 15th Nov 2005 at 00:02.
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Benny, I missed you by several minutes I think. I brought home many odd crypts and other assorted plants harvested from the 4 ft tank and some smaller fishes also taken from there, including one super red ruby tetra from the tank, and of course a precious little Schizolecis? species. Its something similar to the regular Oto.

I brought home his antique Automatic Water Changer (which I saw for the first time many many years ago), a 3ft PL light and some other stuff. Got the JBJ CO2 metal-type bubble counter for a bargain-basement price.

Kanz, only a few magazines are left, mostly the Aquazoo stuff. Spent 3 hours or so there de-planting the 4ft and catching out the remaining fishes. He still has a number of items to clear, especially the filters and others. Most of his old Eheim filters are already taken by others. When I arrived there, the central rack disappeared already.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackytpt
    so sad... one by one all the good lfs closing...
    Lack of business and high overhead costs are literally forcing some LFS to close shop. CS is just the latest victim in a string of good LFSes to go under. Sadly, I guess this process will continue as long as the locals spend less on the hobby.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    damn shame.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk
    Benny, I missed you by several minutes I think. I brought home many odd crypts and other assorted plants harvested from the 4 ft tank and some smaller fishes also taken from there, including one super red ruby tetra from the tank, and of course a precious little Schizolecis? species. Its something similar to the regular Oto.

I brought home his antique Automatic Water Changer (which I saw for the first time many many years ago), a 3ft PL light and some other stuff. Got the JBJ CO2 metal-type bubble counter for a bargain-basement price.
    Uncle was trying to give me fishes and accessories for Free since I was such a "good" customer. But I didn't have the heart to take anything from him, especially know that he was already in debt and the business was really bad for the last year or so. Told him to charge me accordingly instead and declined his offers for free tanks/books and other accessories.

At the rate that the fish shops are closing, sooner or later, there will be no decent places to buy fishes and accessories and then price will start to creep up and the selection will be miserable.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh, so the 4ft tank totally torn down liao? See if I can make it today after work or wednesday...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Although I've never visited it... an utter shame.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by |squee|
    Although I've never visited it... an utter shame.
    Don't worry. We have some pictures in the archives. Will show you when I have the chance to dig it up.

It's just a small, quaint shop in a really out of whack location. Friendly uncle and no nonsense policy.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    stormhawki, did you take that strange bluish big tetra from the planted tank?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast