Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Malayan shrimp

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Anyone has managed to keep them alive without fan?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    They dont need fan. unless your water is like 30-35degrees constantly. most indoor tanks dont hit that temp often at all..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    yes. why do you want to keep them? ugly creatures. they dont eat algae and are very cheap too bout RM1 for a bag full

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ahkarboy i think the RM 1 for bag, i dont think its malayan shrimp, it prob the glass shrimp cos they dont eat algae.
    I feel that malayan shrimp is a rather good substitute for yamatos and also they come in a variety of colours, bluish and reddish hues... cheapest i ve heard is like 7-10 per bag of 100.

Hmmm but for temp wise, i think its 30 and no more than that. If in aircon of course dont need aircon man . Make sure dont go above 30d
    Holy is the Lord, God Almighty ! The Earth is filled with His Glory !
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet
    Ferts: Dry Mixture/Dr Mallicks. Temp: 26 degrees Substrate: ADA Amazonia

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillipians
    ahkarboy i think the RM 1 for bag, i dont think its malayan shrimp, it prob the glass shrimp cos they dont eat algae.
    I feel that malayan shrimp is a rather good substitute for yamatos and also they come in a variety of colours, bluish and reddish hues... cheapest i ve heard is like 7-10 per bag of 100.

Hmmm but for temp wise, i think its 30 and no more than that. If in aircon of course dont need aircon man . Make sure dont go above 30d
    yeah, the RM1 for 1 bag should be glass shrimps which are totally transparent. the malayan shrimps got colours.
    Clown Loach Fan.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yup! Malayan helps eat algae. Some even claim that it eats BBA.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    can i have a picture to know wat it looks like plllsssssssssss

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillipians

Hi Phil.. where in Spore to get cheap Malayan shrimps? are they common? so far i've been unable to find them, or maybe i failed to identify them. Understand that they are shy creatures but hardy.. i want to start off by keeping them, get some understanding before moving on to more expensive ones like CRS. Have thought about starting off with 10 nos. in a small tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ahkarboy
    can i have a picture to know wat it looks like plllsssssssssss
    follow this link.
    http://www.aquarealms.com/photos/v/m...s/aah.jpg.html

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Go to Gans if you want small numbers..
    they are just sooooo cheap..just get a bag of 100 for $10 at other places... they seem to be everywhere for me..Even teo's had a bag the other day..lol.
    Also saw some at seaview and capricorns? the other day.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ranmasatome
    Go to Gans if you want small numbers..
    they are just sooooo cheap..just get a bag of 100 for $10 at other places... they seem to be everywhere for me..Even teo's had a bag the other day..lol.
    Also saw some at seaview and capricorns? the other day.
    Sorry.. newbie here.. have not been introduced to Gans yet.. any in the west area? do i have to get 100? if so, 90 will probably end up in my bowl of noodles.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You can find the shrimps at C328. Just ask Aunty...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    They are harder to keep compared to Yamato. But excellent algae eater because they are afforbable and you can keep them in high numbers to wipe out algae.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    aiyooo i want i want!!!!! cant get them in kuala lumpur...... sob.......shrimps here are very limited.....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ahkarboy
    aiyooo i want i want!!!!! cant get them in kuala lumpur...... sob.......shrimps here are very limited.....
    I am not sacarstic but just thought it is rather ironical... No MALAYAN shrimps in MALAYA?

Ahkarboy, maybe you didn't look hard enough? They can be pretty normal looking as sometimes the colours dun show till when they settle down... But they look a lot more 'friendly' than the grass/glass/feeder shrimps... Hmm...

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i don't know if this is common to the malayans now, but the ones i used to have had this beige strip running from the head to the tail on the back, regardless of black, red, or brown or green colouration

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ya, the stripe is usually present... But those sold in those big bags usually dun show the stripe too as they might be too stressed out... Then they will look a little like small feeder shrimps...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    not all shops here have shrimps there are only 2 shops i know that have shrimps. the rest only sell glass shrimps. ask standoyo if u don't believe me