Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: help !!!

Feedback Score

help !!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    try salt and changing water everyday,but my fishes white spot is getting worst now it attacking my rams also try oceanfree antiparasite but no use how???actually can see white particules floating is that parasite??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thought ick should be white spots on fish? even when ick is "gone", there shouldn't be any white spots floating.

maybe you can try a medicine for ick. petmart has recommended one to me before (can't remember what brand) and it worked well. also check on the ingredients on the medicine, cos some stuff maybe harmful to certain fish.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    at this stage, no harm trying this method which i used for my marine fishes..

i pounded the garlic to extract the juice and using the garlic juice, i mixed them with the food that i gonna feed the fishes.. the white spots went away in 2 days..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oh yes, forgot about the garlic juice! seems to be the "in" thing these days!
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    thanks try the garlic method beside adding the food to the juice,i even drop a bit of chop garlic into the tanks and the fish seems to love it.but got a shock cos all my fish become bloated thought it was dropsy worried the whole night now the fishes are ok xcept still a bit of white spots

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    the whitespot (ich, but ick would be better) follows a certain life cycle, so understanding it would help in eliminating the pest. When the germs are within the fish's epidemis (evident as those horrid spots), there is absolutely nothing you can do. After a while, the germs will burrow out and becoming invisible free-swimming forms with the aim of infecting more fish - that's when the medicine, whether methylene blue, malachite green, etc clobbers them. So the best way to deal with ich is probably to dose as per the medicine's instructions (1/2 dosage if the fish are very small), then change about 1/2 the water a couple of days later (to get rid of germs in the water, the chlorine should help too), dose again, change water after 2 days, and repeat until the bugs are evidently gone. Then do it a couple more times just to be sure you get those fellows that settle on the plants/wood/gravel etc.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    malachite green is a big nono
    it is very bad for us to come into contact with it, and it is banned for use in food fish
    pregnant women are not advised to work anywhere near it as it causes birth deformities

what dosage of salt are you using, star? the most common problem is too low a dosage = LPPL
    and you say you're changing water everyday, are you topping up the salt?
    the white spots in the water aren't the parasite
    the tomites are not visible to the naked eye
    what else are you doing to the tank?