Thread: Black Sea Cucumber

Feedback Score

Black Sea Cucumber

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hii people,

Recently, I have bought a black sea cucumber at Hong Leong. I should reckon marine hobbist to get one for yourself. The black little creature is damn fun. It will swollow the substrate from the bottom of the tank and then shit out the substrate from its buttock. In this way, it is actually cleaning the substrate for you. Anyone keep black sea cucumber, please share your intersting comments or any good website on black sea cucumber please recommend. []

Feedback Score
    How much for each and wat they eat?[]

Feedback Score
    I bought it at $6.00 and i think they eat the organism living in the substrate since this little creature just swollowing substrate and **** them out. Kind of cute ![]

They eat detritus, but very big. =( I got a tiny pink and black one.

Regards,
    Hong Yee

Mine climbs all over the place! Up the glass, near the surface of the water etc. A couple of times it got stuck at the intake of my circulation pump!

Feedback Score
    what is detritus ?

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    what is detritus ?
    ----------------
    Detritus are particles (i called them dust)that settles on the substrates or rocks.

IMO... Sea cucumbers are interesting and even useful animals, but when they are unduly stressed due to water parameters or bullied??? they can poison your aquarium by squirting out some stuff.. so.. dun think that it is worth it.. useful creatures/animals that does the same include the yellow gobies and other gobies.
    []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    I have four of these in my tank.

rdgs

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi freddy, i figured that if u can maintain your water quality.. it should not be a prob... and hopefully no fishes to disturb it.[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.