2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

twigs in planted

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hmm, was wondering if is ok or safe to place those tree twigs into tank as decoration. Not sure will rot or will do harm to the fishes. Twigs look nice in water I think.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Should be... I also feel like picking some off the road to use... they add finer features to the wood already present...

Think we would need to boil them and maybe remove the outside bark to prevent the introduction of harmful chemicals/parasites etc into the tank water...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Justikanz
    Should be... I also feel like picking some off the road to use... they add finer features to the wood already present...

Think we would need to boil them and maybe remove the outside bark to prevent the introduction of harmful chemicals/parasites etc into the tank water...
    Probably they will float. But tie them on a rock or drill hole and screw then with a slate will helps! Just my suggestion!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Dont need to do all that.. they will sink..just depends on what type of branches you pick..from which tree and how long you leave it in water.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    any types to recommend?