Country
    Singapore

Bio load of overhead filter ?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi folks,

Recent questions of how many fish to keep in a tank remind me of something. I have a 2ft Jebo tank; those with rounded corners, cover with lights and overhead filter. The overfilter is eifficient in term of mechanical filtration as my water is often clear. However, I realise I can't keep above 20 small fishes (such as neons, tetras, rummynose, sae etc) else i will have problems like them dying off pretty quickly (1 to 3 a day), even those that i had with me for some time (painful actually). Could it be my overhead filter can't cope ?

For those of you using overhead filter, what is your bioload like ?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    peter, in the other thread about overload, my average of 70 tetras n corys in a 2footer, was with an overhead filter (dyna)...[:]

i was not into canister filters back then.

at the later stage, i recall, i added in a small internal filter to agitate the surface and my fish became happier.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thks ! must be the exchange of oxygen with the agitation. my fish are happier too when i stick an airstone connected to a small airpump and leave it in the output L-shaped tube of the overhead filter. aerate the water without too much bubbling which will lose co2.