Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Dec 2005 AQ Round Island Excursion Details (Pix intensive)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

3rd Dec 2005 AQ Round Island Excursion Details (Pix intensive)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

Following from this thread..

Here is the finalised list the the 2005 round island excursion on 3rd Dec 2005.

Driver's list
    01. benny - Driver
    02. michael lai - Driver
    03. barmby - Driver ( Van )
    04. Ebony - Driver
    05. solonavi & Wife - Driver
    06. solonavi's wife

Total 4 vehicle and 1 van with a capacity of 18 members.

Tour members list
    07. stormhawk
    08. ccs
    09. Justikanz
    10. valice
    11. Alfa Low
    12. ranmasatome
    13. Simon
    14. Xnsdvd
    15. jhseah (half of the journey)
    16. Spinex
    17. K3nni (3/4 of Journey)
    18. pantroglodytes
    19. pantroglodytes's GF
    Since we have members dropping out half way, I will take 5 members in my car and we should be fine.

I now have all the contact numbers of those on the excursion and we will have a list for tomorrow's trip.

More details to follow.

Cheers,
    Last edited by benny; 3rd Dec 2005 at 00:50.
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi guys,

Itinerary for the program is as follows:
    0830 hrs - Meet at Pasir Ris MRT Station pick up point

So we meet at the Pasir Ris MRT station pick up point. It's the round about at Pasir Ris Central St 3. Please don't be late as there isn't a good spot for drivers to park there if I recall correctly. Also, have a full breakfast as the next point you will find any food is during lunch

Click here for location ID

0900 hrs - Move out to Mainland Tropical Fish Farm

Once we collected everyone, we move out and drive along Pasir Ris Drive 3 to Mainland Tropical fish farm. This farm is not located together with the rest at Lorong Harlus. Here, wood, rocks and aquarium supplies (Interpet, Hikari, aquarium piping and connectors) are good buys. Drinks are available for purchase here and they also take NETS.

0930 hrs - Depart for Lorong Harlus Fish Farms

From Mainland, we will travel along Pasir Ris Drive 12 and make a right turn to Pasir Ris Drive 1 and end up at Pasir Ris Farmway 2. Here, we will visit Lot 63, Ong Tropical Farm. Those looking for wood and grave or odd sized tanks will find this place of interest. Occasionally they have nice corydoras here too! Then the next stop will be Tropical Fish Farm, agent for brands like Gex Five Plan. This is a supplies and plants place unless you like oddball fishes. I may pick up some L014 from here. Next stop will be Irwana, or more commonly known as Ah Pek Plant farm and if time permits, we may stop by Lot 35 as well. All the above places is strictly CASH only.

1215 hrs - Proceed for lunch

Chow time! We will drive out the way we came in and proceed to Pasir Ris West Plaza for lunch. It's located at Pasir Rist St 72. It's simple food court fair and there are ATM tellers there if you've already spent everything you brought for the day there.

1400 hrs - Depart for Sea View Aquarium

After lunch, we will depart for Jalan Kayu. There are lots of fish importers/exporters here, but we will only drop by Sea View Aquarium, which is known for their 10 cents rasboras! From Pasir Ris Drive 12, we will take the Tampines Express way (TPE) and continue along the Seletar Expresseway (SLE). Taking the Jalan Kayu exit will bring us to Jalan Kayu itself and we will travel along it to Seletar West Farm Way 1.

I would kindly request that you try not to sleep (I know it's difficult after lunch) on this leg as it's rather imposite for our kind drivers to be ferrying 3 to 4 snoring friends on the highway journey.

1500 hrs - Depart for Qian Hu Fish farm at Sungei Tengah

Backing tracking along Jalan Kayu to take us back to SLE, we will contine along the expressway until we reach Kranji Express (KJE) via (Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE). From here, we will take the Sungei Tengah Exit and turn right to Sungei tengah Road. At the cross junction, make a left turn and take Chua Chu Kang road to Jalan Lekar. Qian Hu Fish Farm is just at the corner of this stretch. This farm needs no introduction and will acept NETS. Food and drinks are available here.

1615 hrs - Depart for Gan's Fish Farm at Neo Tiew Road

There after, proceed to Gan's fish farm to have a look at the planted tank set up as well as their fish collection. Other tetras and cichlids are also available. Take note that this place is cash only.

1700 hrs - Depart for Teo's Plant Farm at Lim Chu Kang

At Teo's plant farm, you will get to see 4 planted tanks, of which the one set up by Green Chapter during the last excusion should be maturing. Also, see how plants are cultivated and prepared for shipment. Emersed and submersed plants are available for sale too. Take note that this place is cash only.

1800 hrs - Return to Clementi and dinner at Clementi (own expenses)

We return back to blk 328 Clementi Ave 2, where the famous C328 Fish Shop is located. This is the official final stop and we will have dinner here as well as meet up with the other folks collecting their plant books order though Green Chapter.

Unofficially....

A few of us (wonder who will be left standing?) will proceed to Ben's new shop at Tiong Bahru. Now that's a separate discussion altogether as I'm sure most will be dead beat by then.
    Weather forecast is cloudy and occasional showers. A small umbrella will be handy, but bring along a plastic bag to avoid a wet and drippy umbrella in the vehicle.

Take note that some of these places will be warm and dressing should be casual. Bring water although you will have opportunities to buy drinks along the way. Most farms have decent toilets and my favorite one on this trip is at Gan's Fish Farm. Cleanest in my opinion.

Photography is allow at most places, and definitely at Teo's and at Gan's. At Qian Hu, most section is open to public so it's also not a problem.

As this is a fairly flexible itinerary, there might be some delays or some changes along the way if need be. Pending the situation and the weather condition, we may cut one or two stops if the situation necessitates.

Transportation details next!!

Cheers,
    Last edited by Simon; 2nd Dec 2005 at 17:30.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi guys,

Transportation details...

Thanks to the generosity of the above drivers in the first post, we have 4 cars for the journey and more importantlly, 1 van to cart home ALL that we will be buying. (Just kidding!)

There will be an advance party leaving Clementi at 0800 hrs from Clementi Ave 2 at block 328. The following members are schedule for this service..

Ebony's car
    01. stormhawk
    02. Justikanz
    03. ranmasatome

Benny's car
    04. ccs
    05. valice
    07. Alfa Low
    07. Simon

The routing is listed on post 2 and I will lead the convoy for this excursion. Before we leave every destination, we will just confirm that we ALL know where are going. Some of the more familiar folks may serve as your route assistant if necessary. Contact details for all the drivers will be with me and I will be able to reach you if there any changes on the road. I do hope all the drivers have a hands free kit for safety driving. If you don't, please let me know.

This program is an extensive program and it would be advisable to have the petrol tank with at least 3/4 tank full. Only chance for top up will be along Jalan Kayu and Clementi.

Parking for all of the areas we are going are free, but at Clementi, coupon parking applies (although I have never been caught there ).

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Benny, I will catch up with you guys at Pasir Ris later in the morning. I'll call you OK?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    benny + guys, I may be able to meet you all in the evening at c328...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    Benny, I will catch up with you guys at Pasir Ris later in the morning. I'll call you OK?
    No problem! Call us!

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by loupgarou
    benny + guys, I may be able to meet you all in the evening at c328...
    Great! I'll pick up the otos for you.

Here's the list of folks who will be at C328 in the evening anyway for the book collection...

1. Justikanz
    2. Simon
    3. PeterGwee
    4. RCT
    5. AkionLCG
    6. Neon
    7. Genes
    8. Kenneth Lim
    9. Aquarius
    10. Vinz
    11. Fei Miao(tentative)
    12. Kingfisher
    13. baranne (tentative)
    14. Barbarik
    15. Decky
    16. celticfish

And another few more for the apisto gathering..

Looks like quite a gathering at C328 in the evening!

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Don't forget the rocks... See you tomorrow morning.. and 12 hours later.
    It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ah, so I suppose the rest are not back home yet. Anyway, nice meeting everyone who joined the outing. I hope you fellas were happy with your purchases. I was definitely happy that I got the checkerboards that I had been wanting to get for ages, and of course, some nice Sawbwa from Ben's.

A big thanks to Benny for organising this and being a gracious "tour" guide. I hope there'll be more of such outings in the future.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Ditto..

You bought the swabwas????? lol..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk
    Ah, so I suppose the rest are not back home yet. Anyway, nice meeting everyone who joined the outing. I hope you fellas were happy with your purchases. I was definitely happy that I got the checkerboards that I had been wanting to get for ages, and of course, some nice Sawbwa from Ben's.

A big thanks to Benny for organising this and being a gracious "tour" guide. I hope there'll be more of such outings in the future.
    you were there? didn't get to meet u in person.. haha.. i was there
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah, thanks for all those who joined the tour :P, we shld have more outings :P

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wow, you guys are back! Must have been fun!

I wish I could join you...... Any female forum members on these trips?
    ~Chyrl~

向来如此便是对吗?
    Live each moment like its the last

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yes :P.. let her intro herself, if she see this thread

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It was more than fine man!! Guys, I got my new nick already Thanks to Michael for the ride, Benny for being such a great host and also for the ride, Choy for the ride as well as a great conversationalist and also to Colin who helped me so much with my tanks!! Thanks guys.

More outings!! I have TWO empty tanks to fill!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks to Benny for organising the excursion. Its a great outing and have learned alot. Now I know where to go to find the fishes & plants I need.

Nice meeting u guys & gals. Great ppl!

Time to see some pixs.

Cheers
    JC

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wah... So many posted liao ah...

Thanks, Benny and all for making this trip very interesting and educational... Will definitely find a way to Teo's again! Haha...

Got to go float my fish and plants liao!

Too trigger happy, took >250 pics! But dun think many can be posted... Haha...

Damn tired! But happy... Haha...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    yes :P.. let her intro herself, if she see this thread
    Hmm....Who is that? LOL
    Get her out to post here.
    Is that Your wife? or Mrs Budak?
    I went through the old threads for female members but only noticed Mrs Budak so far.

I was too shy to put my name on the list for your outings since seemed that all are the 'Brothers'.....
    ~Chyrl~

向来如此便是对吗?
    Live each moment like its the last

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by cs_sg
    I went through the old threads for female members but only noticed Mrs Budak so far.

I was too shy to put my name on the list for your outings since seemed that all are the 'Brothers'.....
    We have 4 ladies with us on this trip. Ladies need not be shy about joining any AQ activities as we are a wholesome, respectable community. Look out for our pictures on the trip to get a feel for it and sign up next time!

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    dun worry, we are very kind to ladies in the group. 1stly, u get special attention. 2ndly, u are always accompanied ard for a free tour of the places we visit

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast