Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: pre spawning behaviour of rams

pre spawning behaviour of rams

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Anyone knows what the pre spawning behaviour of rams are? Dances, colours, rituals and so on. Thank you!
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    dunno if rams r the same as apisto.. but I supposed they r all cichlid so the behaviour shld some how be slightly similar

1)female will turn color or breeding colors.. for rams I think the female will display some red on her belly

2)female found a cave or something similar when she will spend time cleaning the area up.. digging and pushing gravel out of that area

3)female will flirt with the male and in turn the male will flare up and dance (sometimes, the male wouldnt show any interest)

gdluck

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Rams are substrade breeders, they will dig one small area up and spawn there.
    Cheers!

Benetay

no idea what they have been doing the whole day, the ovipositor of the female is out, but they seem to swim everywhere and not take interest in ANY site. Got one flat piece of rock and a small tub with gravel in it, still waiting and waiting....
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Interestingly enough, the discus spawned instead of the rams, I think the problem is over breeding sites. Female choosing a corner of the tank, male would rather the bowl of gravel I placed in. To solve it, place the bowl in the corner. *heehee*
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury