Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Equipment Placement

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, I will be using an Eheim 2028 for my 4 x2 x2 tank. The intake of the filter will be through a Atman skimmer. I will also be using pressurised CO2 with a 2-way manifold to inject the gas via a glass diffuser and an internal reactor. There will also be a small submersible internal filter to aid CO2 diffusion. I request advice on the placement of the aforementioned eqpt in relation to each other for maximum water movement, filtration and CO2 diffusion. Tks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Why would you need so many equipment just to add co2 into the water column? An external reactor would do the job nicely. You would only have to have a rainbar fixed vertically in the tank as the outlet. Hope this helps!
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Tks. In a earlier thread which I subscribed, it was advised that for a 4-foot tank it would be better for 2 CO2 diffusion points. Should I place the rainbar on the opposite side of the filter intake?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I've read from your previous thread. What PeterGwee suggest is the misting method of introducing co2 into the tank. Before I start, what type of equipment do you have right now? We should work with what you have right now.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ehlim
    Hi, I will be using an Eheim 2028 for my 4 x2 x2 tank. The intake of the filter will be through a Atman skimmer. I will also be using pressurised CO2 with a 2-way manifold to inject the gas via a glass diffuser and an internal reactor. There will also be a small submersible internal filter to aid CO2 diffusion. I request advice on the placement of the aforementioned eqpt in relation to each other for maximum water movement, filtration and CO2 diffusion. Tks.

I hv ordered the abovementioned eqpt less the 2-way manifold and internal reactor. The items are due to be delivered in a fortnight. Pls advise how to go about do the "misting". Tks and best regards.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Perhaps PeterGwee could assist as I am not familiar with the 'misting' method. I've never tried it before and my suggestion might not result in the outcome that you desired.

PeterGwee, can you assist?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think I explain quite clearly last time on how to go about it. If he reads it properly, he shouldn't have much problem. Its really no big deal..either use a diffuser or powerhead to get the CO2 mist and blow it around the tank such that all area is well covered. It easy since its visual.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Peter, tks for the clarification.