Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Is everyone here from Singapore?....

Is everyone here from Singapore?....

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all. I am new to dis site...and i was juzz wondering..is every1 here from S'pore???? It looks like a lot of pplz here are....Anyway, does anyone here know anything about the Black Ghost Knife Fish???

Thanks...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    the majority are from singapore, i'd say
    bgks grow very big
    in fact, too big
    unless you're prepared to have 6ft+ tanks to host them, it's probably best not to keep them
    not to mention they're extremely pugnacious
    ie antisocial in a manner threatening to life and fin ^ ^

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi fishlover

Welcome to the forum.......[]
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i've a black ghost in my 2ft.. kept it for more than half a year..it grew by an inch so far..
    still under control..not aggressive yet..
    wat do u wanna know abt it?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    How big do they eventually grow to be? I've never seen a a 'big' bgkf before.... got another knife fish (don't know which) which is commonly big... care to comment.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i've seen some reaching almost 2ft..quite scary..

Um...I want to keep the bgk....I have two tanks...One is 1ft, and the other is 2ft...Do u guys think they wold fit in it alright? If they go into the 2ft tank, I plan to keep cories in there, tetras..stuff like that...Do u think it would be alright as well?

Thanks..
    Fish_lover
    P:S: I wanted to come on Saturday...but when I read the messages, it was already Saturday afternoon!!! I am living in Singapore as well!!!!

Oh yar...i forgot..how big do they get, what do they eat...what kinda fish do they go with..stuff like that..

Thanks again

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi fish_lover

if you buy them small yes...but maximum growth may never be and get stunted....BGK may not be possible unless you intend to upgrade you tank to a 4ft?

Sorry you missed last sat outing ....nvm there is always next sat
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Just saw some BGKF at Sam Yick in Marine Parade Central, seems like they like to hide in long cylinders too. They cost 8 bucks each, and measure about 4 inches (I think). Anyway, they were in a mixed tank with other fishes. If you want to keep them, maybe you should also put some hollow cylindrical objects in the tank for them to hide. What do they eat?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi fish_lover ! welcome to this forum ! like some of the guys have mentioned, BGKF can grow plenti big ! max. I've seen is about 2'. If u're prepared to upgrade to 4' tank then check out Qian Hu FF , I saw some at the holding area ! have fun! cheers !

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Do they seriously cost 8 bucks here in S'pore????? They freaking cost 25 bucks over in Melbourne where I live.....

Anyway, David- I think i am a little too young to go out with all u guys.....I'm 14...(surprise!!!!)

Thanks for all the bgk info...i think i wouldn't like to get it anymore I don't have enough money and the space to upgrade to a 4 ft tank!

Fish_lover
    P:S: Maybe I could settle for a Bumblebee Goby, any info???

Oh yah..sorry i forgot again

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!
    DID ANY OF U GUYS GO TO ORCHARD?????

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Fish_Lover,

14 years old also can go out right, we won't kidnap you lah Or bring you to bad places

Never go orchard this new year, went there 2 years back and really regretted it. Going there was fine, but going home again was more like a battle. The MRT/bus services then wasn't what the newspaper reported them to be (i.e. smooth and efficient).
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman, 1986. Rogers commission into the Challenger disaster

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    there is no age boundary in an aquatic hobby fish_lover......doesnt mean when you are younger means we cannot share experiences with this great and facinating hobby....you may be surprise that you could teach us a thing or two....
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Im not from singapore, im from England, UK..
    Mez
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

LiquidFX, David- i know what u mean.....i went there to Orchard this year, and it was so crowded, I only ended up in front of Borders!!!

Anyway, the main crowd was at Wisma's bi Christmas tree...And guess what????......they were freaking playing and singing christmas songs instead of New Year songs...

Hello??? Do they live in a cave or what????The people on stage were singing 'Jingle Bells'!!! I mean, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THEIR BRAINS!!!!