Images
    Country
    Singapore

KLCC Aquaria

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hmm... Tot of posting some pics here... Taken with another DC, not my Canon...

Regretted not bringing the camera up north immediately after the first few shots!

Entrance fee to this underwater world is 38RM per adult. IMO, the marine section is equivalent to Sentosa's Underwater World, but the freshwater section beats us anytime...

They show the arros here... And opposite these tanks, they show the primitive fishes. Very nice, cos they have paddlemouths (or duckbill fishes, something like dat). Never see before...

This area showcases the freshwater fish that can be found in Malaysian rivers. pretty impressive, I would say. Quite a nice selection of BIG fish and a couple of big pools too...

Big cats...

They have several adult or sub-adult red-tailed cats, placed together with the araipaimas... Pretty impressive display... But damn difficult to take pics of...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    And wierdly, they show a wide variety of reptiles and amphibians...

This is a VERY active chameleon who likes his food on his head...

A couple more reptiles...

They have a number of insect, scorpions, spiders etc on display, but the cameras have a hard time capturing them for us...

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quite a selection of frogs too... Makes you want to keep them at home...

Dart frogs...

Cool looking frogs...

And a BIG FAT frog... Think bigger than the bull frogs!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    And finally, the marine stuff...

Spot the lobster...

Nurse shark...

Shark egg case...

Sea cucumbers...

Lion fish... There is a dwarf one with this one... But damn difficult to get a good pic of it...

And this fella is climbing all over the top of the display areas, attarcting tourists' attentions...

Overall, the place is worth a visit, despite its relatively higher entrance fee... Oh, remember to retain the entrace card. Must return upon exit... Else, fine think 10RM...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

is this show a permanent setup?

tango
    Adopt all unwanted neon & cardinal tetra

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It's not a show. It is a tourist attraction. Like Sentosa's Underwater World.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Just been there over the weekend.

I must say it is something not to be missed.

The organiser just put in a 2 meter long (i think they call it a hopper) catfish -named it as chopper in the fresh water pool. Very magnificent fish.

tango
    Adopt all unwanted neon & cardinal tetra

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow, nice pictures...
    Make me wanna go there too

Where exactly is this place???

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It is at KLCC. When you are at KLCC, just following the instructions at the basement... You will have to cut through a car park to reach the aquaria... And if it is a holiday period, have fun queueing too... I queued for about an hour or slightly more!